Brazoria County, Texas, Hunt

Grumpysrb

Forum Supporter
File.jpg

Sounds cool. Is Hwy 35 different than I-35? You never know I have been wanting to hit the beach, might see ya'll.

I-35 and Hwy 35 are different roads. Hwy 35 runs between Angleton and West Columbia, TX. The Sonnen Ranch is now a refuge, and is located about halfway between the two, just past the Bar X Ranch/Housing development. There will be signs posted. We are also having a raffle for an AT Pro, with some extras.

Several members have hunted the beach lately, I am told there is a lot of cuts on Quintana Beach near the county park. Surfside has been putting new sand down.

The club had our seeded hunt this morning with around 20 people participating. There were over 200 Silver coins, and 47 Tokens planted on approximately 2 acres. The tokens were marked and each were exchanged for a prize. The prizes included a Pro Pointer, Garrett Hats, Find Pouches, diggers, probes, and finds aprons. An AT Pro was raffled too.

There are still 18 Silver Dimes and 12 Silver Quarters in the ground, as well as coins left after the last two hunts. Members may return to look for more. Just call Tommy to be sure the cattle are off or the hay not too high.

I found 14 Silver Dimes and 4 Silver Quarters, and 5 tokens. Unfortunately, all the tokens I found were for Find Aprons.

Attachments

• seeded hunt 2015 2 (640x378).jpg
    seeded hunt 2015 2 (640x378).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 330
Looks like it was a lot of fun! Had to work last minute but most likely couldn't have made it anyway. Good luck to whomever goes back and hunts the stragglers. They must be DEEP or stomped sideways by the cattle.

I'll be back a.s.a.p. The rain is making it very muddy. Most coins weren't deep, 2 to 4 inches. Cattle don't stamp them much deeper. At Pro picks them up anyway.

Supposed to be a couple Barbers out their, I need those, don't have any.

Back
Top Bottom