Travel beach scoops?

aamechs2

I know several of you beach hunters fly with your detectors and scoops. Which is a dependable travel scoop? I work for the airlines so I might as well bring my MD gear when I go somewhere!
Thanks Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and do a search here on the Forum for that. I have seen quite a few over the years.

OK thanks. I've been using an app for this forum. It's very limited. The web version is much more advanced I just learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTG makes a nice 2-piece, 8" wide aluminum scoop for around $170-200. It seems like a quality build but like my other (3) RTG aluminum scoops, it bent on my first outing. (BTW, no rocks here in florida)

Since then, I've opted to bring along my stainless sunspot 720 scoop and had a local boat shop make a 2-piece T6 aluminum handle. The boat shops often get some nice aluminum stock for making bimini tops and such. Anyhow, try as I might, I have not been able to bend this thing!

Went to Costa Rica last year and bought a 2 piece aluminum scoop on eBay for about $35. Hit the beach and found it was black sand and hard packed. In 5 minutes I got a nice signal but it was a challenge digging it. Glad I did as it was a 14K mans band with 9 diamonds that I now wear. Found some local coins but each one was a job getting out. One of my stainless scoops would have been great.

Attachments

• E2D45F49-7F5E-4E2C-ACF3-262EEB8B3E20.jpg
    E2D45F49-7F5E-4E2C-ACF3-262EEB8B3E20.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom