A solid $5.80 with a silver lining

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, went back to the modern school that produced a way out of place merc the other day and was able to fish out almost 6$ in clad. It just shows you what a normal day here can bring. Sometimes you have nothing but modern stuff and if your lucky some days bring older stuff. Notice the broken piece of the ceramic dish? I'll bet that predates all these coins, and was found in a plug with a clad nickel. I'm pretty sure they either removed a lot of dirt or added a lot of dirt but I'm confident this isn't the original grade. Was really trying hard for gold or silver jewelry, but after two hours and the sun setting I had to get back to the family. I know it's there as I've found 1 gold ring and 4 silver ones here as well as a KG 2 and as of a couple days ago, a merc. I think I've found 3 or 4 very large colonial dandy buttons out there too. Just a crazy location! So I get home and complain a little about no silver and gold :lol: my father in law walks through the door from the grocery store and hands me a dime. It was a '47 Rosie! I just recently told the family about coinstar hunting :laughing: it was his first time checking it and he pulls a silver dime! I've never found anything besides clad and Canadian stuff in my lifetime but dang! He handed it to me and said I found this for you in the machine :cool: doesn't count toward the sig, but happy to have a gotten a little shiny stuff for the day. As always thanks for looking everyone, and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 171
Congrats on the Rosies and clad haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A place like that, knowing older stuff is at depth...I'd be chasing the targets that show 6" or better and leaving the obvious clad signals for someone else to dig.

Always happy to come home with some battery and gas money.:D Anything else is just "icing on the cake". The silver just makes the day better.:yes: Nice hunt !!

Nice silver finds...and a pocket full of change to go with it!
Thanks!
Congrats on the Rosies and clad haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot!
A place like that, knowing older stuff is at depth...I'd be chasing the targets that show 6" or better and leaving the obvious clad signals for someone else to dig.
There's almost no original soil it's either been removed or new fill brought in , I've found some coins including zincolns at 6"+. It's not an easy site to cherry pick deep squeaks for sure. I was really hoping to score a gold ring amongst all the clad just never happened unfortunately. Looks like just about everything is ready to hunt again most of the snow is gone. The season begins again! Good luck out there capt!
Congratulations on the silver's, clad adds up nicely to.
Thanks! I certainly don't mind digging clad especially when jewelry hunting.
Always happy to come home with some battery and gas money.:D Anything else is just "icing on the cake". The silver just makes the day better.:yes: Nice hunt !!

Well put sir thank you and happy hunting!

Nice hunt Jeff! Gotta love these warm temps in February, tomorrow will be only my second hunt this year, can't wait! Nice to have someone else checking the coin star for you too, Congrats on the silver!

Back
Top Bottom