2 questions

Al19067

I have a minelab X-terra with stock coil and I bought the small coil I'm just going to call it a sniper coil, I'm loving the small coil I found a quarter from 7 inches, I wanted to buy one more coil and was thinking about the Minelab 10.5" DD Round Search Coil, Also what is the difference in the 7khz and the 18khz? I kno the 18khz picks up gold better but how does it do on coins and silver? If I got the 18khz would I be screwing myself on missing on finding coils and silver?

Thanks guys

Since I have an xterra 505 i will share my findings.

I too have the 6" round DD "sniper" coil which is great in trashy areas.

From what Ive read the 7.5khz coil is the general purpose frequncy, 3khz is good for large deep items and silver, and the 18.75khz is good for the small jewelery and gold. At least thats what ive gleaned from Randy Hortons ebook found here

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/258668/Understanding your X-TERRA A4 size.pdf.

All the coils will find relics and coins. I have the 3khz and 7.5khz concentrics, 6" round double-d 18.75khz, and have found great stuff with all of them. I generally use the 3khz concentric the most (hunting the woods) and the sniper coil in the parks. i just picked up the 10.5" double-d in 18.75khz and havent used it yet but im really liking the size of it and know I will be able to cover way more ground with it. Good luck.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom