At Pro Coil

jamesf01

I just got my AT Pro this week and was wondering Which Coil is best for water hunting salt water, Lake and rivers. Which coil the stock coil or the 5x8 coil? Please give a reason why. Thanks for your help.
LOST

This is a very tough question as "best" is a subjective term. However I will tell you saltwater hunting in wet sand is next to impossible because of the mineralization and the AT pro will have to be lowered sensitivity wise because of instability. Dry sand hunting is fine and the large coil will cover more ground and I'd say it would be my coil of choice at any beach for depth as well. Fresh water lakes and rivers it will do fine. Hope this helps...

I watched a video of the Garret factory.

What I got out of the video was they tune the detector to the stock coil. So I would think the best answer is the stock coil. I own the 5x8 coil but only need it for the worst of hunts. The stock coil has plenty of separation and does as well as my 5x8 for the local park hunts I have been doing. I just dont have many places I can water hunt here. So I dont have any info on water hunts. I will hit the swimming areas of the Rio Grand this summer.

Im kinda the opposite here. After using the stock coil a year I got the 5x8 coil and it never comes off my machine. The coil get great depth and keeps me sane in a trashy area

Back
Top Bottom