v3i programs

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello,
Does anyone know how or where to find the info on how to create custom programs for the v3i. The brochure included does not really get into this very well. is there a step by step instruction sheet anyone knows of?
Tom

You can make your own programs,, even by altering a factory program and saving under different name.

But in order for you to infact make change settings in building a program-- you have to know what each setting does

Now there are some settings changes that not exactly performance specific, more for visual viewing-- they can help a person out though.

Thanks,
I have modified the C&J program so much I wanted to create a custom program and save it as my own, Just don't know how to do it.
Thanks Tom

Thanks,
I have modified the C&J program so much I wanted to create a custom program and save it as my own, Just don't know how to do it.
Thanks Tom

It's not easy. Sure, you can rename a modified program but whenever you reload that factory file, it re-writes the renamed programs settings, yet keeps the new name. I gave up trying.

To add to the frustration, you lose all changes whenever you have to to a master reset. I sure do wish Whites has a USB file storage, or a bluetooth feature built in.

Call White's and ask for Mary she'll mail you a copy of the advanced user manual free of charge and that's about the best you can do as far as manuals. I've got a V3I and hate the fact that so little information comes with it. You have to learn it on your own unfortunately. And taking that into account I've never been confident that I have all settings where they need to be for a given area and as much as I like the machine I've found myself using it less than I should be for the amount of money I have in it. As far as programs there's a bunch of them online and I wish you could download them as well. If you set the detector down and start using a different one for a while be prepared to have to learn it all over again when you pick it back up. Good luck.

Making a program is cake u can copy any program u like and name it whatever u want, changes are saved automatically . Or u can save it and those settings will be the default

It's not easy. Sure, you can rename a modified program but whenever you reload that factory file, it re-writes the renamed programs settings, yet keeps the new name. I gave up trying.

To add to the frustration, you lose all changes whenever you have to to a master reset. I sure do wish Whites has a USB file storage, or a bluetooth feature built in.

Seriously? How long u had the v3i ? And u still can't make a program ? There is nothing difficult about it I can make one in 2 minutes. This explains why u have had so many difficulties operating you v just saying

There are tons of them posted online, you just have to manually put them into your detector which is fairly easy. Most need tweaking because what might work for someone in Ohio might not work for someone in VA. Generally I like to use the stock C&J program and bump up the disc sens to 87-92, turn tx boost on, run 5 band pass filter, up the RX gin to 13, and go about detecting. Those are the main depth settings, and the stock C&J program is well suited for most types of hunting. I do however tend to run single freq. vs. 3 freq. because of the dramatic difference in depth. I will run 2.5 for coin hunting, 7.5 for relics, and 22.5 for jewelry. Choosing a single freq. vs. the 3 freq will give you a few added inches in depth. I also up the recovery delay for deep targets at trash free sites, and lower it (make is faster) for trashier sites. Don't let the V3i intimidate you, only a handful of settings actually effect performance, most are more user preference based such as tones, displays, colors, etc.

Back
Top Bottom