4th hunt with CTX brings sterling "RETURN UPDATE"

dumbdigger

Elite Member
In GH multi-tone, HT, manual 26.......

I was at the old hunted out local football field.
I got a few DEEP wheats and a '65' dime Grrrr

And then my first sterling for the year and first with CTX 3030 on
my 4th hunt..

It does have a last name on it and I am going to attempt to track down the owner. Hope he is still around. It says 1961 champs on one side of the football.

DD

Last edited:
Yer gonna have to change that to "Smart Digger".;) I would suggest a lower Sens level unless you are OK with it that high, 22-ish will see most of what you want to see with the Gain higher,like 27-28. I never run my Gain full blast just because in really wet soil it just LOVES telling me about iron.
However,if you're getting on fine with the way you have it,you'll definitely reach pretty far,IMHO. You did pretty well on that necklace,and that you're going to try to return it makes the find that much better. Great to see another CTX having success!!:cheer:

Yea most likely I was going at just the right angle on the football to get a very faint repeatable signal..... Pop the plug and saw the SWEET silver chain...
DD

Agree with IDXMonster great find and glad your trying to return. Hope you get to .would be awesom and a mention to a hall of fame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did a little digging....
75% sure I found the owner.
I just have to present it to him.
Will keep everyone updated on this return.
DD

Yer gonna have to change that to "Smart Digger".;) I would suggest a lower Sens level unless you are OK with it that high, 22-ish will see most of what you want to see with the Gain higher,like 27-28. I never run my Gain full blast just because in really wet soil it just LOVES telling me about iron.
However,if you're getting on fine with the way you have it,you'll definitely reach pretty far,IMHO. You did pretty well on that necklace,and that you're going to try to return it makes the find that much better. Great to see another CTX having success!!:cheer:

I so agree on Volume Gain settings, I can run it much smoother along the 27-28 range but for years I ran it at 30 because when I got mine in mid 2012 and GH settings were the only thing really available its what we ran. I have trained my ears and eyes so much over the years to understand what its telling me I could still probably run it max but ...like you said max loves iron! Good post. Oh and by the way I run mine at 27

Went to the owners house the last two Sunday's. Nobody home......
Went back Monday and someone answered.

It was the guys wife I spoke to for about 20 minutes. Mr Doe wasnt home.

I explained one of my hobbies is metal detecting and started to tell her
what I had found down at the local football field. She says to me "does it say thunderbirds on it"? I said YEP it sure does. I knew it was her husbands when she said that, smiling. It was his 6th grade midget league 1961 CHAMPS necklace.
She said everyone on the team got one. I said how cool is that!

She said he kept blaming her all these years for losing it. She said what do I
owe you? I said nothing but I would like a picture of the return with the owner. I explained that I am on this forum and would like to show the pic return. She said sure and I left my name and phone number.

That was noon yesterday. I expected a call from him a short time later thanking me. Has not called yet, hope to hear from him soon.

Stay tuned..........

To add to this quickly...I found a REALLY nice class ring,2006. Located the owner through FB and mutual friends,and NO word from him. It's possible you won't get that call DD,and I'm not sure WHY. I hope you do!

To add to this quickly...I found a REALLY nice class ring,2006. Located the owner through FB and mutual friends,and NO word from him. It's possible you won't get that call DD,and I'm not sure WHY. I hope you do!

Lets hope he calls, and thanks the finder. That would be very disappointing if not. Reguardless it made me feel good driving away.

DD

Indeed,effort and intent are to be commended,no matter the final outcome,of which we have no control sometimes...and if you HAVE to keep it then it's a great find!

Back
Top Bottom