Xterra 705 negative numbers

why not me

Okay, so I am newbie and bought my first detector Xterra 705 about 2 years ago. Still learning the machine since I haven't put in the time. I was t the beach this morning and I keep getting negative numbers 6 and 8's to be exact... Should I be digging these up? They always show that they are deep.

Okay, before you ask I use the AU, and squiggle lines, then the beach umbrella setting. The negatives seem to start after I have used the pin pointer to determine where the first targets are. It never seems to reset back to my original settings, even if I turn the machine off and back on, maybe I don't wait long enough.

Any suggestions - what is the machine telling me with negative numbers..

I’ve never relied on the numbers when pinpointing,,Just my initial tone and number when I first swept the target..
As for the squiggly line,are you referring to the icon at the top of the screen for ground tracking?
Also,I’ve never hunted on a beach with it,or used beach mode.Do you have a + symbol at the top of your screen? If so you have ID normalization on,,and from my experience the visual ID was always wrong when I had that on..

Thanks for the information, Yes ground stabilization was on (squiggly line).
I will watch for the + symbol next time I am out.

That xterra is a good machine,can be as complicated or as easy as you want it to be.It has more features than most newer machines out,actually useful features.

Back
Top Bottom