Combed up some Lake Mich Silvers!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
In a few hours, the temps will be plunging and that will be it for working unfrozen sand for the year...I found a nice black sand cut and got in there! Pinned to the wall by my cold cruel Mistress, Witch slapping me up againts the crumbling dunes, trying to rip my feet out from under me in the rip, and I commenced to scoopin!...Coins being washed out of Natures Highbanker Sluicebox like baby turtles hatching! :laughing:

I had my new NOX 800, its sort of confusing, but I figured since it was so windy today, I'll set it on the 'Windmill' program!? ....I suppose once the sand ices up in a few days, I'll switch to the 'Pickaxe' mode for the rest of the Winter for sand ice conditions and cladding the sledding hills?? Parking lot Snowpiles? ...

I doubt I'll ever need the 'Palmtree' program unless I make it to Florida...We do have a lot of big sandy beaches around here that I hunt, but no palm trees, so that program is worthless to me I guess....Oh well.....

Besides 'Windmill', 'Pine TreeBench' is generally my go to set up...I'm pretty good with that one! As I understand it, Ya start out in 'PinetreeBench1' for general purpose like in a park, unless you are in a big forest, then you go to 'PinetreeBench2' right? I'm getting it...I gotta fiddle around and watch some vids this winter...I dont know how to GB the damned thing yet...Not that that would help me...If its windy and a guy is hunting in a yard with Oaks, you of course switch to Windmill...

Today I was looking for that 'Civil War Gold' that was lost up here and famously looked for by the Oaf Island bunch,....I knew I was in the right location when I found Martys eyebrow comb! But alas, just the two peepee rosies a 61 and a 58 ..84 coins for $5.51...plus a top pocket Lions Head dizzy bobbler, which appears to be Etruscan...:laughing:

I'm willing to sell Martys Eyebrow rake to a Forum Member here! Hey! Famous treasure hunter guy like him? Or that .22 cal Civil War cartridge? Gotta be worth something!:laughing:

Attachments

• nov 25-18.jpg
    nov 25-18.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 748
  • nov 25-18-2.jpg
    nov 25-18-2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 666
  • nov 25-18-1.jpg
    nov 25-18-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 668
  • nov 25-18-3.jpg
    nov 25-18-3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Nice haul!!!
Passed you about 10 am turning onto LH,
told the wife you probably to a dip.
Took the dogs to P M to see if I wanted to go in , but looked pretty rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice haul!!!
Passed you about 10 am turning onto LH,
told the wife you probably to a dip.
Took the dogs to P M to see if I wanted to go in , but looked pretty rough!

I was looking for you! I figured you would be out! I saw you were up early and on the Forum! So I figured you were gonna go for it! Especially with this weather inbound...I mean hey...pretty much the last easy day this year..:laughing:...Are you interested in buying Martys eyebrow comb? For your dogs maybe? It would work good for grooming up under their tail! I tried it out on myself in that one nice plastic portacrapper on the Mona Trail! :laughing:

WTG Mud! Even us bald guys can use an eyebrow comb! I’m sportin the Yule Brenner look since July. Best decision yet so much easier to shave than trim!

Great looking hunt Mud...

Congrats on the silver..

Cool scoop picture..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• 1211131537_zps25b8bb94.jpg
    1211131537_zps25b8bb94.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 669
So Mud, where's the "Palmtree" program on the Nox? I think I need that one down here. :lol:

Way to scrounge up the treasure Mud .
Rosys are made of the real stuff.
Not an easy dig swimming up river .
I am guessing 2 more feet of wash out depth and you will be into the mercs 👍
Dew

Mud you are always entertaining. I think I may have been taken advantage of on my 800. I can't find the Pinetree 1 or 2. I must have gotten one of those Chinese models. Good showing and a cut that is only a dream around these parts.

Nice haul buddy . By the way i cut a yooperlite in half and it glows way more on the inside .Now just need to make something out of them .Any ideas ?

Really enjoyed your play by play to the adventure in the sand. Your account kept me away thou as I have an acute allergy to windmills. anyway congrats john on the Rosie's and all that clad. That eye brow rake maybe could be converted to a back scratcher. Trapper

Nice post Mud. Neat shoreline cut pic! Glad you picked up all the goods. You’ll be a Master of the Nox before you know it! P.S. Master of the Nox sounds like a new Disney Star Wars film. An alien planet filled with robe wielding metal detectorists swinging the Nox - but only one will rise to become the almoghty Master of the Nox, :D. The entire shaft will glow blue or red depending which mode you select.

Nice huntin, mud, should be able to sell that comb thingy on ebay as a vintage fashion relic.

Back
Top Bottom