Cold dogged determination...silver #71

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Minus 2 degrees with the wind chill this morning as the sun came up at Iron Beach, I wasn't going home without silver...took a hour and a half with the Excal Sword up on the slope, punching thru the crust to dig 84 cents in clad, a swim buckle, key, part from a pocketwatch and the always present beach scrap before I finally got one...and said enough of this winter like nonsense:laughing: The tiny pin reads Gloucester Mass, the cool little dog has 'Made in Czechoslovakia' on the back,
a couple wheats, one a 1910...and a 1917 D Merc... Missed a real winner by one year but a 101 year old silver was a good way to start Turkey Day:yes: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I can't imagine temps below 17 degrees! Thats the coldest Ive seen up in the Sierra mountains.
Grats on da silva!

:cold: Hunting in that cold is just insanely unimaginable to me! Congrats on the silver and hopefully not getting any frostbite.

Ain't any bitter cold going to stop the Captain when he is on a mission. Congrats Bruce on the Merc and all the rest. Hope the warmup allows better conditions for you. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom