Ogden Buddies

Silver_Fool

I live near ogden, UT and I am new to the metal detecting world. I am looking for someone to teach me some tricks so I can try and learn how to find some coins that are worth something.

I live in Ohio but worked for Flying J out of Ogden. Beautiful scenery out there. But sorry, can't help as detecting buddy.

Thanks Detector Nut and Ohio Digger for the comments. And Ohio Digger my bro use to work for Flying J as well until something happened with the branch in Ogden. Do you have any good tips for me as a newbie?

If you're trying to find old coins you need to go where there's been old activity (that's a no-brainer). Parks, old schools, picnic areas, fairgrounds, farms and farm fields, old private property. Before hunting anywhere make sure you have permission. Watch YouTube videos on metal detecting. They're a wealth of knowledge. You can probably find ones of people using the same kind of machine you have. They'll teach you how to properly recover targets so you don't cause undue damage to the grounds. Do research of your area. Find old maps online or at your library. You need to get to places where people have been long ago. Then once you've found those areas you have to get your coil over the target otherwise it was all for nothing. When you're starting, dig a ton of targets til you start learning what your machine is telling you. You'll start digging less trash as you learn it.

Thanks for the info Ohio Digger :) it will be very useful for me, especially about trying to figure out my machine, because I went today and I picked up a lot of trash.

I live near ogden, UT and I am new to the metal detecting world. I am looking for someone to teach me some tricks so I can try and learn how to find some coins that are worth something.

Trails West Artifact Society (T.W.A.S.) is or was a metal detecting club in Ogden. I was a member while stationed at Hill AFB. Great bunch of people.

KingingKunsan do you remember when and what time they meet? At first I was a little hesitant about going, but lately I have realized that it would be a lot of fun to meet and talk to those around here to see what kind of experiences that have had.

KingingKunsan do you remember when and what time they meet? At first I was a little hesitant about going, but lately I have realized that it would be a lot of fun to meet and talk to those around here to see what kind of experiences that have had.

Address= 370 N. Harrison Blvd, Ogden
Meeting time= 7 PM on 2nd Mondays.
Call and make sure they still hold them. Google "Trails West Artifact Society" you may be able to find a phone number.

I have 3 daughters in Ogden. Used to have 4 but one moved to TX. Get a water machine and go to Pineview or Causey. LOL Causey you would need to dive. BRRRRR. Lots of old parks there and a very old high school I believe on Washington? Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom