Oklahoma newbie here...need MD buddy!

afpilot64

With my new DFX, I'm ready to go bananas...I'm in Stillwater...organized hunts or just hitting up some spots...let me know!

Hey, you're only a couple of hours from where my buddy and I detect in Pawhuska. There are three members in the OKC area as well. You've got some good sites not very far from you. I'd be more than happy to tell you about them in a PM ;)

Being a complete newbie to the hobby, I could sure benfit from an Oklahoma get-together.

Whatcha think?

I'd love to do that really. We might can get the Kansas guys to go as well. Finding a good (virgin) spot where someone will let 5 or 6 guys hunt is the hard part. I know where an 1870's indian camp ground is that I was allowed to hunt. There was a trading post there in mid 1870's as well. It was later used as a recreation spot in the 1910's and 20's. I came out of there with some silver and a musket ball. My buddy scored a Sons of Union Veterans medal. The guy might let us hunt it as a group if we can come up with terms agreeable to him. The area is really really grown up though (weeds, trees, etc...). I'm sure there are other areas we could find as well.

I know where one is that would be good, but man is it overgrown. Plus the ticks there are horrible in spring and early summer. There is another spot I would like to go that's about in the middle of all of us Oklahoma people. Sort of a ghost town. We might could find a place or two there to detect.

Back
Top Bottom