The ground was like iron

Jodo_Kast501

So I got permission to hunt an abandoned farmhouse built c. 1905 yesterday and the weather today was in the 50s, so I decided to do a little digging. It has been above freezing since Monday, so I assumed that things below ground had thawed a bit. I could not have been more wrong. The ground was extremely hard from the surface to at least 6 inches in most places and excavating every target was laborious. I'd say it took at least 3 times longer to dig a target than in favorable conditions. But I was out there, so I persevered for a couple of hours and came away with a few things worth finding, the best being the sterling silver ring. I know the badge has military affiliations, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. Only old-ish coin was a 194x holed wheat penny.

oJXMtrfl.jpg

FwWV1qgl.jpg

Oe9Rwozl.jpg

Thanks, guys! Hoping to found out from the family if there were any WWI vets who might have lived in the home.

Yeah the button/badge looks pretty large but I know nothing of these things other than what I’ve personally found. That’s a heck of a find right there JODO.
Good work on the rest,hopefully that ground will be a bit more friendly next time out so you can pick out some more stuff!:grin:

Back
Top Bottom