Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Dewsweeper894's Avatar
Dewsweeper894 Dewsweeper894 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,368
Smile

Originally Posted by matmit View post
I snuck out to Grant Park on my way home from work and the woods were mushy, but not frozen!
I scored a nickel and a wheatie
It is going to drop from 48 lovely degrees to 17 here tonight and stay below freezing for the next week - I hate this
Ya it's January and we were so spoiled last winter .

__________________
Minelab ETrac & Tesoro V , 2018 YTD Totals - S = 119
WP = 225, IHP = 4, Buffs 3, CL = 177.17

Reply With Quote


  #42  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:59 PM
IDXMonster IDXMonster is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Glarus
Posts: 2,999
Default

I actually hunted the park in the town where I work this morning. It was diggable but I was just logging findpoints. I think there will be some areas around that will be viable,itís just knowing where they are before you drive an hour or more to get there. Next 4-5 days will be locking things up again...but Dew is right about being spoiled last year! Maybe we will catch a longer break that will thaw things out in a February. Iím not counting on it though,this IS Wisconsin!
Reply With Quote


  #43  
Old 01-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Dewsweeper894's Avatar
Dewsweeper894 Dewsweeper894 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,368
Default

Originally Posted by IDXMonster View post
I actually hunted the park in the town where I work this morning. It was diggable but I was just logging findpoints. I think there will be some areas around that will be viable,itís just knowing where they are before you drive an hour or more to get there. Next 4-5 days will be locking things up again...but Dew is right about being spoiled last year! Maybe we will catch a longer break that will thaw things out in a February. Iím not counting on it though,this IS Wisconsin!
I wanna go to Illinois , Screw this place

__________________
Minelab ETrac & Tesoro V , 2018 YTD Totals - S = 119
WP = 225, IHP = 4, Buffs 3, CL = 177.17

Reply With Quote


  #44  
Old 01-11-2018, 10:00 PM
IDXMonster IDXMonster is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Glarus
Posts: 2,999
Default

Originally Posted by Dewsweeper894 View post
I wanna go to Illinois , Screw this place
Lol! Jonesiní are we? Itíll SUCK down there too...
Reply With Quote


  #45  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Mud-puppy's Avatar
Mud-puppy Mud-puppy is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: West Michigan area
Posts: 10,885
Default

Everybody should take a nice road trip strictly for Detecting just once! I always have my gear along when I'm on business and sneak in a hunt or two, but its short time and fast work...better than nothing, but still...just to go and HUNT with no other duties...

A few years back, in 2015, December, I did just up and go!...Just to see if this is a valid concept for when I retire......I researched and scoped out some little towns in Indiana...found the parks etc....timed it with the moon phase so I could drive early am and have some light so as to not hit a deer....Timed it with the calendar and weather even, snuck right in behind a sleet event on a gray day with nobody else around....Left here at 3am, was on site at my first planned stop by dawn......

Stayed all day in this one little town for 7hrs straight swinging, never did get out of there to check out the other locations I charted. It was so unhunted and clad heavy...then drove back home... The math sort of worked, doing the ROI expenses...got a pair of silver dimes and a silver ring and I think @ $55 clad...8hrs driving, 7hrs hunting...

If, a guy had nothing to do and a small RV, yes...hole up in a little town and work it for a few days and then ease on over to the next one a few miles away...let the frost chase a guy South, then turn around and head back North...did a post about it...Its a viable concept depending on expenses and comfort level...Fun to do a bounce dive into an area you have never been...Go for it!
Attached Images
     

__________________

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #46  
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 AM
CTCurt's Avatar
CTCurt CTCurt is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6,471
Default

Plane ticket to Fla., hotel, beach.....done......

__________________
Life is love and hard work, and nothing more....
Mxt,Excal,Ace250,PP,Lesche,sore knees

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #47  
Old 01-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Dewsweeper894's Avatar
Dewsweeper894 Dewsweeper894 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,368
Smile

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Everybody should take a nice road trip strictly for Detecting just once! I always have my gear along when I'm on business and sneak in a hunt or two, but its short time and fast work...better than nothing, but still...just to go and HUNT with no other duties...

A few years back, in 2015, December, I did just up and go!...Just to see if this is a valid concept for when I retire......I researched and scoped out some little towns in Indiana...found the parks etc....timed it with the moon phase so I could drive early am and have some light so as to not hit a deer....Timed it with the calendar and weather even, snuck right in behind a sleet event on a gray day with nobody else around....Left here at 3am, was on site at my first planned stop by dawn......

Stayed all day in this one little town for 7hrs straight swinging, never did get out of there to check out the other locations I charted. It was so unhunted and clad heavy...then drove back home... The math sort of worked, doing the ROI expenses...got a pair of silver dimes and a silver ring and I think @ $55 clad...8hrs driving, 7hrs hunting...

If, a guy had nothing to do and a small RV, yes...hole up in a little town and work it for a few days and then ease on over to the next one a few miles away...let the frost chase a guy South, then turn around and head back North...did a post about it...Its a viable concept depending on expenses and comfort level...Fun to do a bounce dive into an area you have never been...Go for it!
I want a hunt with Mud .. he is less likely as talkative and funny in the field as he seems to hunt like a man on a mission. That's ok .. I just wanna see him eat a porterhouse with his clad stabbing tools 👍 He probubly can do everything with them .. brush his teeth , Auto repairs , gift wrapping ...Ice carving ...mountain climbing ... .. cooking on the grill 😎
Bet if he posted selfies often he would have a probe and screwdriver in every Photo. Hell the guy probubly has dead animals on his walls he kilt just by jumping out of a tree with a craftsman in is mouth.

TAke a look at the image of his hand he posted the then mine ...
we could be brothers .... isn't it funny how we have never been seen in the same place at the same time ... weird kinda like Janet and Michael Jackson 🤔


Adventure sound like just what I need . How bout cheep plane tickets to Nevada for some nuggets ? Wonder if I gave each of the Hoover boys 50 bucks in scratch offs they would put me on some pay dirt ? I'd love to find some forum friends for a day .
Attached Images
  

__________________
Minelab ETrac & Tesoro V , 2018 YTD Totals - S = 119
WP = 225, IHP = 4, Buffs 3, CL = 177.17

Reply With Quote


  #48  
Old 01-16-2018, 04:19 PM
sube sube is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 36
Default

https://youtu.be/s8AYGoCZ1jw Here you go dew I did this video a couple years ago when I want to go in the winter I just watch this .Keep the torch it comes in handy . sube
Reply With Quote


  #49  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:21 PM
Dewsweeper894's Avatar
Dewsweeper894 Dewsweeper894 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,368
Smile

Originally Posted by sube View post
https://youtu.be/s8AYGoCZ1jw Here you go dew I did this video a couple years ago when I want to go in the winter I just watch this .Keep the torch it comes in handy . sube
OMG !!!! Amaizing video sube !!!!!!
You need to start a thread for it and share . There are a lot of guys up here climbing the walls and could stand to gain a lot from your obvious wisdom .
Maybe switch over to the big 17 inch coil and saw a few feet off the shaft to shoot threw that light dusting of lake effect snow you have 👍 Cut your digging time in half .
Oh , And judging by your swing technique ..you are obviously the REAL DEAL😎

Roflmfao!!!
,Dew

__________________
Minelab ETrac & Tesoro V , 2018 YTD Totals - S = 119
WP = 225, IHP = 4, Buffs 3, CL = 177.17

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.