Found Can Not ID! Help!!!!!

Dynochamp4

Hi everyone,

found this in the park I work at. Can you hello identify it? It has a rubber grommet in one of the outer rings.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 15615788457380.jpg
    15615788457380.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 794
Might be a planter plate? Metering plate of some kind.

Last edited:
Old rotary phone dial, before the metric standard of 10 numbers was adopted.....:roll:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the ideas! I will post more pictures later either today or tomorrow so you can get a more clear look at the object. Also, I forget to put something in the picture for scale. Do you all have any other recomendations on how I can get this object identified? I want to be sure what it is because if it is something cool I want to put it on display at the park where it was found.

Thank you everyone!

That thing is big! What, about a foot and a half across? 12 holes...that grommet...hmm. Clean it up and inspect for any markings on it. Is it cast iron? Brass or bronze? Aluminum?

I think it's some kind of pipe separator, hence the rubber grommet. Somewhere where there was a large number of pipes running through a factory, a plant or apartment building. The rubber grommets would be there to prevent the pipes from rattling against the support. Couldn't have been for pipes that got too hot but, radiator supply lines, vat warming for some kind of process ie heat ex changer. could even be for large electrical cable separation, although with the metal frame, not likely.

Hi again everyone,

I finally got around to taking more pictures of the object. Maybe this will help! I have not had time to clean it up yet.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 15620207347661.jpg
    15620207347661.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 517
  • 15620207347972.jpg
    15620207347972.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 15620207347220.jpg
    15620207347220.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 508
I think I'll stick with my original thought on this. Is it cast iron? The new pictures show a lot of serious corrosion. Any chemical plants, mining operations in the area?
Looks like it had a tough life.

Friends, when you go out to the park to play with your pup, do all the girls laugh at you? When you go to throw a flying disk* do you look like you're doing the Charleston underwater backward? Does your girl refuse to do the Black Bottom with you because your rotator cuff has rotated around to your left eyebrow? Is that what's botherin' you, Abraham?
Well stand up and cheer, because Granny Gumdad has seen your pain! Rush right out and get Granny Gumdad's Patented Almost Portable Orthopedic Flying Disk*! Made of sturdy Toledo steel construction, balanced for easy flinging, and reinforced to take the eyeteeth out of that pitbull down the street!
One flick of the wrist and your Granny Gumdad Almost Portable Patented Flying Disk* will soar for at least three whole feet before coming gently to rest on someone's skull or your dog's hindquarters. Fun for all ages!
Based on an original concept designed by a Chinese fellow named OddJob, this wonderful Granny Gumdad's Almost Portable Patented Flying Disk* will almost fit in a standard derby hat and almost fit into your pocket. Crafted with pride at Granny Gumdad's research Facility and Abbatoir in Slippin Falls East Dakota, it's the pride of our line. Be the pride of your dog's life and the envy of James Bond fans everywhere when you go out to play with your pooch! We've dulled down the razor edges (to prevent decapitations, generally, although results may vary) and even added a rubber thumb hole gasket to prevent digital detachments (Earlier customers found such incidents troubling).
Granny Gumdad's Almost Portable Patented Flying Disks* are available at most tire stores, some gang hideouts and martial arts studios in the better parts of town.
Get one today!
*Well we couldn't call it a Frisbee because the last time Granny tried that, she was flung up onto the roof and had to have several neighborhood boys fish her down.
Void where prohibited by Fred.

Back
Top Bottom