Kansas ice storm

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Well I'm waiting for the electricity to go out any time now. I'm hearing on the scanner about power lines down and sparking all over town. Looking bad out and we've got another day or so of this to go. Hang on Kansas.

A bush at my front porch.

ice_2.jpg

Then I get this idiot parking one the wrong side of the road under my tree with branches that could fall at any time. I think they did this hoping branches would fall and they could sue me.

ice.jpg

More pics.

ice1.jpg

ice2.jpg

cie3.jpg

Hope it all melts soon , those ice storms really suck ! We're over due for one here , been enjoying some nice weather lately. Good Luck !!!

If your town is like most those curb strips are the property of the city, not yours.
Here that strip is where they put all the water main cut offs and meters and the city is responsible for trimming all problem trees and limbs on those strips.
Let them sue the city for all it will get them.

Ice storms are not fun.
I had a friend who had so much ice built up on his car in his driveway after a very rare ice storm here in the south that it collapsed all his shocks.

Hope you're right DIGGER. Just bothers me that they had all the area to park, including in front of what ever house they are at, yet they chose to park on the wrong side of the street under my tree.

Sometimes people just don't stop and think, I could be mistaken, but from this angle it looks like those vehicles across the street are under tree branches too.

.....it looks like there are places to park on the street without being under a tree, you would think people would pick those places first :?:

Life is like a box of chocolates...Lots of stupid ones in there, to paraphrase.

LOL Ain't it the truth!

Good point GKL. I got all mine parked in back either in a garage or covered with a tarp with no trees around.

This guy probably went to the house just to my right but they have a huge concrete parking area with no cars in it.

Yeah this storm has been pretty bad here central Kansas .. I currently have 3 decently large trees in my back yard are almost touching the ground. I guess I should say good size limbs .If the first one snaps it will hit the house and break the fence. well all 3 will take the fence out.
Some power outages ,but not us yet...crossing fingerS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom