First GOLD ever!!!

Congrats on a GREAT hunt! Wow, your first Gold Ring & with diamonds too... it doesn't get much better than that!

Fantastic hit congrats!!!! :cool:

There is a park by me that has been metal detected for generations, no kidding.
I go there to gather up easy clad when I have a little time. The place has been hit so hard for so long fresh drops is all there is, right?

Right in front of the parking area there was a perfect, 4 inch deep textbook ring style pull tab signal. People probably have been using it to calibrate their machines for years.

Me, being kinda insane dug it up. It was a 1974 10k Gold class ring. :D

You just never know what is down there. Pick an area and dig everything up!

That feeling when you find something good never goes away. It drives you on to the next target! Congrats on your first gold! May there be many many more in your future!

Happy Hunting!
BoilerUP!

Fantastic hit congrats!!!! :cool:

There is a park by me that has been metal detected for generations, no kidding.
I go there to gather up easy clad when I have a little time. The place has been hit so hard for so long fresh drops is all there is, right?

Right in front of the parking area there was a perfect, 4 inch deep textbook ring style pull tab signal. People probably have been using it to calibrate their machines for years.

Me, being kinda insane dug it up. It was a 1974 10k Gold class ring. :D

You just never know what is down there. Pick an area and dig everything up!

Outstanding! Thats the thing..after a while a guy gets to know a place and the general depth and composition of the targets, plus where they like to lay...you hit that one signal, in the perfect 'gold drop zone'...you new the dirt, you are a gold hunter, and you knew you could pop it fast...and there you go! Nectar in the Pock! :laughing::laughing:

What gives a rabid gold hunter guy the shudders on a 'target left behind' such as this one... is that any old noob on his first time out with an introductory Christmas rig might have hit that as their very first signal, and dug it up with a damned old tiling spade!...:laughing:
Mud

For a first gold, you could have done MUCH worse. What a great ring! Nice find, and at 8" to boot! Well done!

Congrats! The first gold is sweet... and so is every one after that too! The first is more memorable. And that ring certainly is.

Congratulations! Thats really good work there...just want to say, even most inland gold hunters would not have went after that deepie 'tab'...We tend to stay in the top 4" in a park when it comes to gold hunting in the tabs...

You did it right and scored a Gold target that would have stayed hidden from the vast majority of coilists...ashamed to say, even myself! Thats a fine pile of clad in the background too...Good work all around! I learned something here...Thank you!
Mud

Thanks Mud, I appreciate the kind words.

Hey all, just wanted to share my first gold ring! I had picked up a half dozen square pull tabs along a jogging path at a local park and was getting a little bummed. Well, got another pull tab signal on the AT PRO and decided I'd dig it and move on to an area with less junk. At 8" I got shiny in the hole! Popped this out and after doing my best to control the shakes, took it home and cleaned it up. 29 diamonds (3 good sized and 26 little square ones), 14K. Don't have a scale, but I'm pretty sure it came in at an extra 40 heart beats per minute! :lol:

Gratz!!!!!!!!

Wow, how did I miss this find? That is a beaut! I know that shaking feeling, you start looking around and packing up your stuff to get out of there as fast as you can...like you just robbed a bank! A few more and you'll learn to stay calm and collected, tuck it away fast, and even keep detecting (while secretly thinking "YES! Oh hell YEAH! YESSIR, who's da man?...that's right-ME...UH-HUH!). :laughing:

Congratz on your first of many!!!

That's a heck of a gold ring for your first!!:D Going to be hard to top that one. Certainly worth digging a few pull tabs to get it.:yes: Congratulations !!

Back
Top Bottom