2 hour hunt at the 2 cent seated park

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, got out for a couple hours at my 2 cent seated park and it's named lived up to its reputation. Hit my 5th 2 cent piece and out of all five, 4 were 1864 including this one. The other an 1870. She's toasty but still nice to see. Also hit a gorgeous cross with black stones in it marked .925. I was really hoping for my first gold last night but it wasn't meant to be. Also nabbed 3 more wheats. I'm going back to the same spot tonight, I have a feeling that cross had a chain attached and I busted them apart. But as most of you know thin chains are missed by most detectors. That cross came from a section of the park I've found 3 silver rings in and its very close to the kids playground equipment. Coincidence? Could be lol two center came from same area. Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_2110.jpg
    IMG_2110.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_2111.jpg
    IMG_2111.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 419
You just ain't quitting are you??:lol:
Since I have the day off I'm headed out shortly, maybe I'll catch some of that luck that follows you around all the time!
Isn't it nice to go out and just KNOW you'll find SOMETHING? It's like smoking "OK" crack for years and then getting that "super crack" that just blows the ordinary working mans crack away....mmm...uuu...sss...ttttttt gggggggg.....oooooo........dete.....ct....ing.......

Seriously....nice finds!:grin:

Great post as usual. I love the green patina on the 2-center. Our coins wouldn't be half-as-fun if they came out of the ground all candy-apple clean. Now would they ? :laughing:

Nice job!!! You are just killin it lately. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Bill! Most of these spots have been hammered already but I don't think they have been gridded out. Which I've been trying to practice in spots like these. HH!
You just ain't quitting are you??:lol:
Since I have the day off I'm headed out shortly, maybe I'll catch some of that luck that follows you around all the time!
Isn't it nice to go out and just KNOW you'll find SOMETHING? It's like smoking "OK" crack for years and then getting that "super crack" that just blows the ordinary working mans crack away....mmm...uuu...sss...ttttttt gggggggg.....oooooo........dete.....ct....ing.......

Seriously....nice finds!:grin:
:laughing: I do feel like when I go out with the Ctx, I will find something. Not always the case but that's the feeling I get. Good luck out there buddy! Give it hell!
That's a beauty , congrats. ,,,,,HH
Thanks bud!
Great post as usual. I love the green patina on the 2-center. Our coins wouldn't be half-as-fun if they came out of the ground all candy-apple clean. Now would they ? :laughing:

Thanks Tom! Your right half the fun is getting enough crud off and hopefully getting a date. This park has got to have a gold coin in it with all these civil war era finds coming up. Unfortunately this park has been public space since around 1860, so there's PLENTY of trash. Almost everything sounds like a gold coin I'm sure lol happy hunting!

Nice! Two cent piece still on my bucket list. You're getting 2 centers from a public park? Ive got to move!

Congrats on the sterling, 2 center and wheats...nice hunt!

Nice! Two cent piece still on my bucket list. You're getting 2 centers from a public park? Ive got to move!

Thanks guys! Yea this is my 5th from this one park. Aside from that I've only found one other at a cellar hole. I only think these signals are still there because you gotta fish threw hhndreds of other trash signals to find anything good lol but it's there if you have the patience and know what to listen for. HH!

Thanks guys! Yea this is my 5th from this one park. Aside from that I've only found one other at a cellar hole. I only think these signals are still there because you gotta fish threw hhndreds of other trash signals to find anything good lol but it's there if you have the patience and know what to listen for. HH!

If you're pulling coins like the 2-cent piece you know there's still some whoppers hiding for the patient hunter! Keep um comin! :cool:

If you're pulling coins like the 2-cent piece you know there's still some whoppers hiding for the patient hunter! Keep um comin! :cool:

Nice digs...

Philo

Heck of a cross! The 2¢ is a dream coin for me, one of many! Congrats!!!

congrats nice saves

Another very nice outing Jeff. Congrats on a fine looking Silver Cross and another 2 Center. The CTX and you are bonding very well. Jack

Thanks everyone! Was a surprise, the two center looks like it was smashed by maybe a mower. Not sure it doesn't lie flat. Oh well until the next one. Happy hunting everyone!

Back
Top Bottom