New To This

JoeHogan

I am new to this.My wife bought me a metal detector for Christmas and I bought another one to make comparisons with. I am learning new things everyday and I have learned a lot from this forum.I am currently learning my detectors and while I was experimenting yesterday at these dirt hill dumps at at local park I found this.I thought it was a magnet or a pull tab but upon further investigating it was a ring.Metal detecting is kinda like fishing.You catch a lot of small one but that 1 big catch makes up for a of the small one you caught along the way.:grin:

Attachments

• my find.jpg
    my find.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 137
Welcome from Arizona Joe. Congrats on the nice ring. Well with two detectors maybe your wife join in too. It's a great hobby. HH.......

I believe it is.I tried to find the little symbol on the back of it.It has some letter some that begins with B. Too small so I am gonna get it look at Monday.Thank you

Thank You.I found a bunch of metal rods for use in the construction industry.Thinking about taking me a bucket to put them in and sell for scrap metal.

Wow , nice experiment!!
HH
The metal detector I got for Christmas came with an 8 inch coil.I went online and bought a 4inch coil.I bought B.H.IV last week as a comparison.My Q.D.2 is ok but it makes too much chatter.I used the 4 inch on the B.H. and I was finding a little of everything and that how I found this in between the construction rods,rusty nails,and pieces of broken steel.That 4 inch coil is pretty doggone good.It even located a small piece of chewing gum foil at 5 inches.

Back
Top Bottom