First week of serious detecting - bullet in a tree!

Aly

So, we've had the detector for a little over a year now but never really did anything serious with it. A few minutes here and there in the yard. Decided to really give it a go about a week ago and spent several hours around my property, and discovered that there was a house or something in the very back that burned down. About 4 inches down there is a layer of stinky ash. Found lots of nails and signs of something being there, along with a few items like a tiny metal box, necklace charm, a key. All junk but interesting to find out that was back there.

Next there is a whole lot of woods across from my house, and we went in there today for a few hours. Didn't find a whole lot, but we found a bullet lodged deep in a tree, it had completely grew around it... we were really puzzled trying to find what was beeping at first and I joked that it was the tree and turns out it was. This was a fallen tree that had been down for a while. We had to take home the beeping piece and really work at getting into it. I was sure it was going to be something like a nail but it was a small bullet. Pretty cool!

The piece we brought home:

Then you can just see it there:

Also found an old rusted over pocket knife, chisel, chain link, lots of nails, lots of shotgun shells and one other bullet like the one in the tree but larger.
Then we stumbled upon what seemed to be an old house that maybe burned down, lots and lots of junk, shingles, carpet, way out in the middle of the woods. There was also an obvious trail, and we followed it, and came to... 3 gravestones. They were recently placed, 2012. For someone born in 1922, I didn't look at the others, so it was recently put out there. I'm thinking whatever the deal was with the house was related to the graves, because the pathway literally took us right to them. It was kinda strange. Did not disturb them!

I'm definitely going to go back out there, the problem is there is so much iron! I can notch it out with the F2, but it's kind of difficult to pull out targets because the pin pointer doesn't really help me find what I am looking for. Nearly everything I dug also had rusty nails with it/close to it, and I could sit there for a very long time digging nails out of a hole before finding what I wanted. The machine beeps like a lunatic if I don't turn the iron off.

In my opion the f2 doesn't really notch out if u notch out iron if it hits iron the machine freezes and sometimes make a very quiet iron hit maybe that's just mine

Back
Top Bottom