Equinox 800 threshold using in park and field question?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
on the Equinox 800 does anyone use a threshold pitch in park or field to help id targets or rejected targets?

As for me, I don't have a clue if this is any benefit or not. I know in gold it defaults to a threshold pitch and volume.

I feel its a must, coming from a long time explorer user. I got my 600 in April a year ago and now have the 800. The first setting I turned on is threshold set to a low volume I concentrate on that low hum listening for any change. Its especially helpful in areas where targets are far and few between and I believe it helps me frome missing any good targets

I feel its a must, coming from a long time explorer user. I got my 600 in April a year ago and now have the 800. The first setting I turned on is threshold set to a low volume I concentrate on that low hum listening for any change. Its especially helpful in areas where targets are far and few between and I believe it helps me frome missing any good targets

Thanks for asking this question OP. What changes do you listen for? And what do those changes indicate? Is it a really deep target?

I love the threshold on my Nox 800. I started MDing with the Excal and am used to the hum. I keep it set on 8 to 10 - depending on where I’m at. Listen for the breaks in the hum - it goes quiet. The lack of noise is the iron discrimination. Does not work in all metal mode.

I think it has it`s place. On the wet sand of a beach I use it to help locate deeper targets. The hum will be interrupted.

In an iron infested site it is a distraction. Just more noise. The ability to turn it on and off is great.

Back
Top Bottom