Odd little nugget?

Seaking406

Elite Member
I went out to our favourite beach this afternoon in the cold and though very little was found, this odd little one inch nugget gave the detector a lot of weird indication numbers. Using Beach1 mode, this little nugget gave repeatable signals when sweeping across in 4 directions. When I did an all metal sweep over it, it gave numbers ranging from -9 to 36 and everything in between.. The way I understand it, if you can repeat the signal with cross sweeps, it's something worthwhile to investigate.. ? I'm curious enough to dig up most targets as I'm still learning what the Nox 600 is trying to tell me..

This little nugget is highly attracted to a magnet and has all these pebbles welded to it. I tapped it with a hammer but nothing would come off of it. I'm thinking it's a piece of iron so corroded that it locked in the pebbles to it. But why it would give such a wide scattering of ID numbers is beyond me.

Any thoughts as to what this is or why / how it would give the MD such a large numbers range?

Cheers

Attachments

• S20190419_0002.jpg
    S20190419_0002.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 378
Wrap around..... reads the metal at different stages of corrosion...and of course different points on the coil as you move the target. What you have there my friend is what we call a ....wait for it.....LeaverRight.

Wrap around..... reads the metal at different stages of corrosion...and of course different points on the coil as you move the target. What you have there my friend is what we call a ....wait for it.....LeaverRight.

LeaverRight?!

As in Leave 'er Right there, M8...?! lol

Some of it is probably from nickel in the metal? Think bottle caps. Also it can sometimes have a copper,or brass nut attached, etc. Plus the deep stuff the nox gives you strange numbers. You should see the sinkers, quarters, pulltabs, etc. i pull from the deep hitting mostly in the iron range:shock:

I call those Hammerites. Because you find what is inside with a hammer:lol:

Yea as others have said, you probably need to give it a decent whack with a hammer... or if you wait long enough the conglomerated sand/iron and whatever dries, rusts and starts to crack apart. Either way same result just one quicker than the other :)

Or you can always drop it off to Oak Island. :laughing: I can hear the narrator now "an iron conglomerate???? Possibly containing artifacts from the Knight's Templar????" We'll have to test with laser ablation ;)

Or you can always drop it off to Oak Island. :laughing: I can hear the narrator now "an iron conglomerate???? Possibly containing artifacts from the Knight's Templar????" We'll have to test with laser ablation ;)

:laughing: :thumbsup:

R5

Yea as others have said, you probably need to give it a decent whack with a hammer... or if you wait long enough the conglomerated sand/iron and whatever dries, rusts and starts to crack apart. Either way same result just one quicker than the other :)

Good Lord... the meme never ends lol

Back
Top Bottom