Silver Baby Chain and a Goofy Token

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Raining and cool here in West Mich. The perfect place to live if you dont tolerate Sun or heat! :laughing: So I find a nice big black sand cut, lots of rust bloomed iron, nice longshore rip current and a wide trough, hardpack! Greenies, gravel and glass! ...I'm thinking GOLD! I made a few passes running the Pro with the NeL THUNDER Pro Zero, no disc, Iron on...Made several more with 40 disc and steadily pulling targets...2 1/2 hrs in the rain and water...Hit 5 nickels in a row including this strange token with the 5 on it...No Gold, but Man...with all this poo, there has to be a Pony in here someplace!:laughing:

Attachments

• sept 7-17-5.jpg
    sept 7-17-5.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 367
  • sept 7-17-3.jpg
    sept 7-17-3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 346
  • sept 7-17-4.jpg
    sept 7-17-4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 338
  • sept 7-17-6.jpg
    sept 7-17-6.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 350
  • sept 7-17-2.jpg
    sept 7-17-2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 352
  • sept 7-17-1.jpg
    sept 7-17-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 366
  • sept 7-17.jpg
    sept 7-17.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 339
Awesome man!!

I'm still looking for one of those "5" tokens...

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Hey that's about 1.50 in silver! You can get about 3 cigs in trade. :laughing:

Hey that's about 1.50 in silver! You can get about 3 cigs in trade. :laughing:

Yeah! If I can find a baby that smokes! What?

Thanks all...it was a target rich environment blown out like that, I bet its slumped in by now...This token thingy is a 'Shield Nickel' from the 1800's...I cant pull the exact date...I'll bring it along to the next Coin Club meeting and trade it for some smokes there!

Water and air temps have attained equilibrium at @59 degrees, so you dont really notice how hypothermic you get until you start stumbling around in the waves and get disoriented...Especially with so many targets to keep you occupied...With no feeling below my waist and not much senses above my neck, I'm perfect for this kind of duty!:laughing:

Regarding the black sand here, it sure does skew a signal. Even a coin right on top is not a decent 'clean dirt ping' plus, it builds up in layers...Theres also lots of finely ground ruby garnets in the mix, some places the black and red make for an interesting and colorful observation. It surely is right where the gold is hiding. as a former Gold Panner from the Black Hills, I am aware of this geological omen! However, a guy would need something like a gigantic Gold Cube to process these fines effectively...if at all...So I look for lost gold instead...Its just way much easier!:laughing::laughing:

The good and Bad about this Lake is its in constant change! these little pockets dont stay open for very long, so a fellow is ever studying the winds and directions and getting to know when a certain location may be blown out...most of the time you go have a look and turn around and go somewhere else...Theres guys that use multifreaks and FBS rigs up here for good reason...as all you salties know, black sand blinds the singletons...

Attachments

• apr 13-16-5.jpg
    apr 13-16-5.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 195
  • blow2.jpg
    blow2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 177
  • jul 11-17-2.jpg
    jul 11-17-2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 190
  • mar 29-16-1.jpg
    mar 29-16-1.jpg