Kentucky Detecting

jughead5500

I just got back from kentucky yesterday.Went camping on kinniconick creek. I found an old brass belt buckle.a few newer coins. first time detecting in this spot. iT is the site of an old tannery from the mid 1800s. I also found what looks like part of and old rifle sight.It rained every day and all day ,from wed thru sat. Bightin critters all over the place,crawlin and flyin ones... Cant wait to go back and try again when the weather dries up. Iam takin my snake boots nextime..:yes:

I know some guys that hunt KY for Civil War relics. Lot of good Confederate relics in those hills. Gotta love those camping/digging trips. Happy Hunting and welcome to the forum.

thanks for the welcome wolf,Va is a very good area for historic finds also. Not so good here in ohio though.. Good luck and Keep lookin..:yes:

thanks for the welcome wolf,Va is a very good area for historic finds also. Not so good here in ohio though.. Good luck and Keep lookin..:yes:

Ohio has a lot of union camps (just about every county had one or more)where they trained before going off to war,find those places and you wll find some nice relics.

Back
Top Bottom