Ace 250 Hates Me All of a Sudden

indigloindiglo

Hey all, I've had my ace 250 for about 4 months, probably 140 hours on it and all was going well. I have kept it in coin mode and maybe 5 sens and all seemed to be working good. Recently started playing with either relic or jewelry to hope to find gold. But most place I am at it just goes nuts and almost every pass goes bing bong bang, I try to hone it on a specific signal and it never seems to repeat.

I eventually just go back on coin mode and hope but even then i get lots of 1 bing then nothing. It seems when I lower the sens to like 2 or 3 unless I am in sand I never find anything.

It recently got really dry here and I wonder if that is the problem. Anyway I don't want to be digging holes for ghost targets or dig 5 holes in a 2ft section of park.

Would the sniper coil help this or does that end up taking too long then.

What do people use for setting in different areas, ie wide open field, busy park, sand volleyball lots, etc. Thanks for the replies.

There must be a LOT of trash in the ground. I only dig clear and repeatable signals that repeat the same from different angles and in each direction. Its not as much work as it sounds to quickly recheck a target swinging from a slightly different angle , it takes almost no time at all when you are "in the zone". Sniper coils help a lot , you would not believe the difference they can make.

The erratic was at a park. The ding and nothing at a field area no power lines. What sens does everyone use and does really dry ground mess things up.

Another thing that can cause a ding and nothing along with quite a few other quirks as well is swinging it too fast. The ace can handle a quick swing speed but if you are getting lots of ghost hits then maybe you have to adjust your speed and slow it down.....this happened to me and I had to keep experimenting until I had it right. Still happens now and then if I get overly anxious to cover a lot of ground quick. I think it has to do with the fact that you get more depth the faster you swing , but at some point you start to pass the detectors capabilities to filter things out. When hunting trashy areas I am normally in coins mode but sometimes jewelry , with sensitivity at about 4 bars.

Does this happen at multiple locations? It sounds like you are just in a really trashy area. There are some parks that I won't even try to hunt with the stock coil and using jewellery mode.

The sniper coil will help. You may be in an area with highly mineralized soil in which case the 250 with it's factory set ground balance will be pretty noisy.

Things to check:
(1) If you have a coil cover, has any contaminant gotten between coil and cover?
(2) Has the coil connector loosened at the detector module or have you wrapped the coil wire tight enough for it to pull on the connector when you sweep-this one was my problem.
(3) For most areas, about 4 bars is max sensitivity-leave the power there for most sites. This suggestion comes from a certified Ace tester.
(4) The sniper coil is awesome beyond belief and: (a) you can really run the sensitivity up there; (b) if you have a bad coil the new coil will cause all problems to clear up and you'll know what's wrong.
(5) Are the battery spring terminals snug and connected? This one is another simple thing often missed that has occured several times after much use.
(6) cell phones have cause this problem.
Good luck!

Sens Setting

I only use 3 bars on the "SENSITIVITY" setting. Sometimes I crank it up to four bars, if the trash is non existent and I think coins and valuables are deep in soft soil. But usually around Pueblo, CO 3 bars is as good as it gets. Any higher and the detector goes off at moisture and mineralization in the soil.

Back
Top Bottom