What does everyone do for a living?

For all the military guys, many thanks for your service. I am a sixth grade math and US history teacher. Just finished my 20th year.

Longshoreman at Georgia ports. Shipping industry

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I run the program as the lead Professor and Mime instructor at a State school for the blind, deaf and dumb....Thats why I can type so good, and hand signal...I make serious bank without asking for a raise or ever saying dink! Super easy interview! I just sat there and stared at the ceiling, like I do in Church! Then I staggered on out of there like a drunken Irish tosspot bouncing off the walls with the 6 figure job!

I wear my headphones at work to enhance the visuals and get people to feel sorry for me!! I Got the lower shaft of my rig painted white and red like a blind guys cane!..I cant hear and cant see and cant talk! Major benefit! I'm proud of my disability! I've gotta Hcap sticker, whipping out willy to take a squirt anywhere and any time I please! Afterall, I'm blind! Disabled! I'm working the curbstrips and entire campus with reckless abandon! Easy Big Money!!:laughing: Sure, I have to wear a rasberry beret and a horizontally strippedy ast shirt like a Parisian Mime... NBD..Urban camo...small price to pay to get that big money pension!...

Last edited:
I run the program as the lead Professor and Mime instructor at a State school for the blind, deaf and dumb....Thats why I can type so good, and hand signal...I make serious bank without asking for a raise or ever saying dink! Super easy interview! I just sat there and stared at the ceiling, like I do in Church! Then I staggered on out of there like a drunken Irish tosspot with the job!

I wear my headphones at work to enhance the visuals and get people to feel sorry for me!! I Got the lower shaft of my rig painted white and red like a blind guys cane!..I cant hear and cant see and cant talk! Major benefit! I'm proud of my disability! I've gotta Hcap sticker, whipping out willy to take a squirt anywhere and any time I please! Afterall, I'm blind! I'm working the curbstrips with reckless abandon! Easy Big Money!!:laughing: Sure, I have to wear a rasberry beret and a horizontally strippedy ast shirt like a Parisian Mime... NBD..Urban camo...small price to pay...

I need to make a sales call sometime!!! :laughing:

Not sure why it took me so long to post here, but after reading through page after page and wondering if I had previously posted I figured it was time. I am an Elementary School Teacher.... getting on toward thinking about retirement. I always tell people I'll know when it's time because the students will let me know.
It's comical at times.... I've been called Mr. Davis, Mrs. Davis, Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Grandma.... so far the students seem to work hard for me and want to learn, so I'll keep at it for a bit, regardless of the name mix-ups.

I'm also in local county government.

Not sure why it took me so long to post here, but after reading through page after page and wondering if I had previously posted I figured it was time. I am an Elementary School Teacher.... getting on toward thinking about retirement. I always tell people I'll know when it's time because the students will let me know.
It's comical at times.... I've been called Mr. Davis, Mrs. Davis, Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Grandma.... so far the students seem to work hard for me and want to learn, so I'll keep at it for a bit, regardless of the name mix-ups.

I'm also in local county government.

I would think elementary kids are likely easier to teach than high school kids nowadays :lol:

…..make spelling class more interesting :laughing::laughing::laughing:
David_englishteacher.jpg

I am a custodian at the County Courthouse. It was built in 1890 and the original jail is on the property also. And no I am not allowed to metal detect there. All's I can do is stare out the window and wonder what is buried there.It is on the state Register as a historical property.

MSgt USMC retired, after 22 years. I work at a local service station/wrecker service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll just tag along on this one , I am a refrigeration mechanic for food lion/delhaize America. Avid detectorist, deer hunter, fisherman, husband, dad, and wife's handyman !

I'm a State Certified and bonded Dog Assassin, which was super easy, Dogs are so dumb and trusting!...Very easy to 'Send off to College' (kill) if you know what you are doing....I also have a Masters Degree in feline remediation (cats) and guinea pigs and nutria and other troublesome quadrupeds....including Beaver and Capybara.....

I'm bragging here, but I recently earned the coveted "Sub Terr" varmint certification, I'm quite proud of that...It was intensive as you can imagine....based specifically for honing skills regarding the elimination of Moles and Chipmunks, 13 lined ground squirrels, Prairie dogs, Voles, but it also covers larger items like Groundhogs and Marmots, so it crosses over into agriculture somewhat....

I'm presently taking advanced courses to be certified in the removal of Bats and Squirrels! What we in the Industry call "Flying Mice and Tree Rats"...thats a whole nother game! So yeah I'm always learning something! :laughing:

I'm thinking about getting a Minor in Bugs?.... Rich People hate bugs! And theres no end of bugs around on this Planet...One great big arachnid Wolf Spider is probably worth $50 I'm thinking..fast easy money! Way easier to kill than a doberman or a bat or a capybara....You can kill a spider with your shoe! Try that on a doberman!.:laughing:

Last edited:
I work for the County (Chief Juvenile Probation Officer). I also own an aquarium maintenance service which allows me to buy metal detecting equipment and all the other things that my wife won't buy for me.

Back
Top Bottom