Need help

Justintx

I have purchased 2 metal detectors for a family vacation this summer. We have never used one before and would like to learn how to use them before the trip. Is there anywhere near Fort Worth Texas that teachs how to use metal detectors?

They didn't come with instructions? search youtube there's alot of demo videos for different MDs

Study on youtube as much as you can, learn the functions and how to do the settings and what your looking for when you find something, the tones, etc, do airtests, make a test garden or if everywhere around you is concrete then do a test carpet so you cant see whats there and see if you can find it and hear the sounds and numbers for each thing.

Practice, if you dont practice now you your going to be on vacation and not reach any form of ability by the time you finish your vacation.

If even one of you understands the detectors they can show the others, try them out and the one with the most interest to watch hundreds of hours of youtube videos will become the teacher

Agree 100%!
Go to Utube and find some videos of your MD's. Then go out and practice with what you have learned. Repeat as often as you need to. If you have questions that still need answered, pop em up on the forum. Chances are that someone can answer them for you.:yes: Good luck and HH!

Thank you

Thank you for your information. We are looking forward to searching for treasures for the past

Watching and reading or good, but experience is what ties it all together. Really need to go out and practice and play, then go read up, or watch the videos, that pertain to the areas you are interesting in understanding better, the stuff that confuses, or just seems like there must be a better way. Just keep in mind, that there isn't always good stuff where you hunt, but you'll learn what various trash items look like to your machine. There is also some chance you might be hunting clean ground, where someone had brought in a lot of fill dirt.

For the most part, it really isn't too hard to turn on the detector, and find some stuff to dig up. I'd dig everything to start, gives you some practice on digging a plug, recovering targets, and then neatly filling it back in. You really want to get in the habit of not leaving a mess behind you. Your own property is good practice, since you can fix it, or wait until it fixes itself. My front yard seem to kind of liked me digging it up, we've had some good rain, and it's looking fuller and thicker. Could also have some to do with me getting a mulching mower last year, which also worked out well on the leaves...

Back
Top Bottom