• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Using Iron Audio Feature???

kelpike

Elite Member
I am little confused about using the iron audio feature. I have not played around with it yet but how is it different from not discriminating out the item in the first place?

I believe the sound is an obvious low down beep (bruuuup) as opposed to the sweet bell ring.

I always turn the audio off, its hard enough to innitially learn the sounds without that making it sound like every iron sound is a duff waste of time digging (ive found the best relics from those duuuur sounds) and found some terrible nails from the high sweet beeps.

Anything that reduces the amount of audio you have to deal with the better, id love garrett to have an option oif waving a duff sound and getting that exact number notched out...that would be a nice option to delete all those 2 inch rusted nails

When I had the AT Pro I would hunt with iron audio off.

It comes in real handy in a couple ways.

Some times I would just turn it on to hear just how much iron I am hunting in. Sort of like a sample. Then I would adjust my swing to hear the iron making individual hits. That way you know yo are not swinginging too fast for the current conditions.

Some times I would get an iffy signal. Maybe a little scratchy or repeating only one way. I would turn the iron audio on to see if iron was influencing the signal.

And last I would use it on big rusted iron. Especially at the beach. Some times big rusted iron can sound good. Iron audio would give it away.

It is too much for the brain to process to have it on all the time. JMHO.

I just saw I went over 1000 posts. Do I get a prize?

When I had the AT Pro I would hunt with iron audio off.

It comes in real handy in a couple ways.

Some times I would just turn it on to hear just how much iron I am hunting in. Sort of like a sample. Then I would adjust my swing to hear the iron making individual hits. That way you know yo are not swinginging too fast for the current conditions.

Some times I would get an iffy signal. Maybe a little scratchy or repeating only one way. I would turn the iron audio on to see if iron was influencing the signal.

And last I would use it on big rusted iron. Especially at the beach. Some times big rusted iron can sound good. Iron audio would give it away.

It is too much for the brain to process to have it on all the time. JMHO.

I just saw I went over 1000 posts. Do I get a prize?
Hey moderators you better start stocking up on toasters, we have another 1,000 post member & one less toaster. I think that you are getting a 2 slicer, you need 5,000 posts for the 4 slicer :laughing:

I hunt with mine on with zero discrimination. Can tell most bottle caps with a hightone followed with a slight grunt. = D

About Iron ON or OFF. I have an AT Pro. I used Iron ON all the time on my last hunt and found out something interesting about it (Any comments are welcomed.),,,

With Iron ON, in trashy areas, when listening to the low grunts, if I got a bit of a high tone, and slowed down, and moved back to the high tone, and if it was a good tone, the Pro would automatically "mask out " the low iron tones and high light the good high tone. Kind of cool! This is with Iron ON.

Its kind of like the Iron ON helps find a good high tone while forcing one to slow down while it automatically masks out the low iron tones to accent the high tone find making it easier to identify. If this is true,,,, I can't wait for my next hunt!

Saw a vid about this (which was posted before), it showed some masking of iron tones. I really found it very evident in the field. Anything that was not iron, would show up better and the low iron tones would quiet down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD6PJQK5pqU

Back
Top Bottom