How Often Do You Go Out To Hunt

ME&MYACE400

Elite Member
I try for everyday, i find myself rushing to get choses done and dashing off after work. I feel hooked to this and telling other half i'll bring home treasure, i mean dinner:laughing:

Wife and I try to get out two or three times a week...............when it gets warm that is.:lol:

I am Retired. I try to get out at least twice a week. Of course the weather sometimes does cooperate. I refer hunting the beach since i am about 32 miles from three different beaches.

Sometimes I feel like I am retired. The wife works first shift and every other weekend I do not have to be to work till 4 p.m. I have all the time in the world.:laughing:

I'm very new, just over 3 weeks. Married, and full time work. But, I figure I'm lucky that I've done about a dozen hunts, even if just small and short hunts.

I've found close to $20 in clad, a .925 Silver Tiffany and Co. ring, as well as a 10kt gold and diamond pendant. Also, a 19th century nail on my land.

I go out every Sunday, and Saturdays that I dont work.
I would go more often but I am usually very tired, and in pain. LOL

Every day unless weather doesn't permit !!! My wife encourages me to go because she knows that it puts me in a better mood.

In the spring when the weather is nice, I get out 3-5 times per week. When it gets hot and the ground dries up and gets hard, I usually don't go much. In the fall, I get back out 1-3 times per week. In the winter, it depends on the weather and ground conditions. Now that I have a ctx, I will make better use of the summer time by hitting the local swimming holes in the creeks and rivers. I have a nox 800 on order for my wife as she hunts with me most of the time. If it was up to her, we would detect 7 days a week. lol

You really don't ant to know. Some say the easier question on a weekend is how often do I get home.:lol:

Being self employed I can usually finish a job and get an hour or two in. My problem is finding places to hunt. All my places nearby I've hit many times and are getting cleaned out.

My problem is finding places to hunt. All my places nearby I've hit many times and are getting cleaned out.

:laughing: Aint that something!? A guy works an area for a few years, gets to know it really well, covering the same dirt over and over...gets to thinking....."Time to Move!" :laughing::laughing:

Well, theres so many subsets of genres within this Sport, A guy can springboard from one to the next..all the old silver gone? No old dirt left? Dont want to move? Switch venues and Go for the freshies!

Running a fleet of totters, can grabbing, Outdoor Sports fields or Event vulture, Eyeballing for Parking lot pennies or bills, CoinStarring the reject tray even! Fresh dropped and steaming hot! No digging required! :laughing:

I Supersize with you though Toad...Especially when I wipe a clad heavy area out..I know it aint coming back to these numbers that have accumulated over 30yrs... ...I can never make BIG pay here again...I gotta take these skills and cross over into a different Genre...Luckily, theres no end....

Truth be told, 'Coin Roll Hunters' and 'CoinStar Cowboys' knock down some serious silver without any gear or skills at all! If all else fails, Thats the fallback plan! :laughing:

Last year I was going at least 3 or 4 times a week but recently I can only get out once a week or sometimes 2 weeks. My job and spending time with my family make it hard. Also I used to be able to get up early and go to some nearby parks but I moved and the parks close by are not very good.

Even in my area there are lots of new people starting to hunt, i believe this year will past a record of new hunters..watch out! Someone might beat you to the hole:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom