I must be the minority...

arobsum

I see plenty of machines on here but very few Bounty Hunters. I love my Time Ranger and my backup 202. I have found plenty with both (but no gold...grrr).

There are plenty of Bounty Hunters in the forum and out there. My hunting buddies swing them also! As long as you're finding the goods, be proud you've got a BH!

I like my baby also, it detects everything :laughing: I just wish it would tell me no dig :laughing:
Oh well squats are good:laughing:

I see plenty of machines on here but very few Bounty Hunters. I love my Time Ranger and my backup 202. I have found plenty with both (but no gold...grrr).

You don't have to have an expensive machine to find good stuff. I had a Time Ranger and it was a nice machine with some good features. It was no depth monster for sure but was a pretty good coinshooter with good ID.

Both good machines, and they WILL find you the goodies. Most coins out there you will find if you get the coil over them.

Mojave swinger here. It’s found me my best finds since I started in 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my sons a used Bounty Hunter trying to get them interested in detecting. I think they used it once and then put it in the closet. I told them in they weren't going to use it, I wanted it back. it had set in their closet for a couple of years and again in my trunk for another few months. I decided to try it and see if it still worked. I stopped by a parking area in a local park and turned it on. There was trash everywhere so I moved down to the end and tried again. I got a quarter reading and dug down about five inches without fining anything. (Most of the coins that I have found in this area are less than four) Since it didn't have a pinpoint mode I figured that I was off target. I got my good detector from my car and it pinpointed in the same spot. I figured it had to be junk and dug away and ended up scratching a '37 mercury at over six inches. I didn't think it would go that deep. I tried another spot and the batteries went dead. They were the same ones in it when I loaned it to them.

Bounty hunter tracker iv

Was my first machine added a 4 " coil to it and keep it as my back up. It breaks down pretty small so i took it to the Philippine last summer instead of my Fisher F4 . Since their coins are made of different metal alloys than ours anyway i needed to hunt in all metal mode . The beaches are very trashy there so the 4" coil helped. Good reliable little machine to learn on and easy to use.

I like the Bounty Hunter models because they are affordable and work great for me! :D

While there are many more expensive detectors with fancier features that can detect deeper, the Bounty Hunter have models that have gotten good reviews and many people have been satisfied with what they got for the relatively lower price, (especially the price you can get a Tracker IV for with the 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby). Some people are on a tighter budget for hobby stuff and Bounty Hunter makes it possible for them to have a detector that is decent for the money spent. Use the forum search and you'll find past threads about the Bounty Hunter, not everyone likes them, but many are very pleased with them.

Started with a Pioneer 505 that did just fine for the money. Hard to go wrong with the old "Muffler on a stick". While the latest and greatest may be the only part of this hobby for some, if you're getting out there and enjoying the liberation of some cool stuff from the ground, good on ya! :aok:

I started with a Radio Shack Micronta 4000 (Rosinante or Mikey I) and when it went belly up, I got a Tesoro Silver Sabre (Tessie) and then had to sell her to eat. Finally I got a Bounty Hunter with the 40% 0ff coupon (Hobbes) and a Bounty Hunter equipped with a sniper coil (Calvin as Spaceman spiff) and finally a Minelab Xterra (Madame X) and lastly another Micronta (the late Mikey II).

I have to say that of ALL the machines I have owned, that FIRST Micronta was the funnest. I found some INCREDIBLE stuff with that detector. The Tesoro was good because it's completely sound based. Perfect for visually impaired folks. I love my MineLab, but she's too large and too heavy to use. So I fall back on Calvin and Hobbes when detecting.

If I were (dream ON, Blue Eyes! ) to get an Equinox, I'd name her Harley Quinn. *sigh* Ah well. Poverty isn't so bad as long as there are good inexpensive detectors out there.
Sage(maybe next year)Grouse

My first machine ( which I bought off Craigslist ) was a bounty hunter sharpshooter. I found my first and oldest count with it in my first trip out 1826 large cent found in my yard. I ended up selling it to a lady who wanted to get her grandsons knteredt in the hobby once I had upgraded to a Garrett. That sharpshooter was a nice machine. Without it I wouldn't be posting here now.... it got me hooked.

Sharp Shooter II with 6” coil works great in trashy areas filled with bottle caps. I rarely dug a cap and high tones were always coins. Swing low and slow and it gave me my first barber coin.

Back
Top Bottom