Playing with the new Nox 600

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hello To All,
I have all my snow cleaned up around the house and driveway so I now have time to read and play with my new Nox 600. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the machine and settings. I am not sure I like 50 tones, can I just do 5 to start ? I don't know if that's possible using the Park2 program ??? It's had to do anything inside because of all the metal in my house. The snow is too deep to go outside today. Any suggestions ?
Bubbaron

I shoveled all the snow off my paver outside deck and put a whole bunch of different coins down to get an idea of the readings and sounds. It'll take some getting used to but I think NOX 600 and I will become friends.

I sure wish you were here. If you look on YouTube the video I am trying to follow is by Dirt Fishing and he's setting up his 800 for 5 zones for coin hunting and then the sounds. He's in Park 1 and I'm trying to do it in Park 2.
Don't forget I have a 600 and not 800 ??? I also am very new with this machine. I only got it on Wed. before the snow storm. I don't like the idea of 50 tones to learn the machine right away. I tested the machine on my paver deck and it works fine in Park 2, just way too many sounds to start until I get used to the machine. I hope you understand. HELP !!!
Bubbaron

I sure wish you were here. If you look on YouTube the video I am trying to follow is by Dirt Fishing and he's setting up his 800 for 5 zones for coin hunting and then the sounds. He's in Park 1 and I'm trying to do it in Park 2.
Don't forget I have a 600 and not 800 ??? I also am very new with this machine. I only got it on Wed. before the snow storm. I don't like the idea of 50 tones to learn the machine right away. I tested the machine on my paver deck and it works fine in Park 2, just way too many sounds to start until I get used to the machine. I hope you understand. HELP !!!
Bubbaron

Hit your settings button and navigate over to the fifth icon from the left. Target Tones. Then hit the "-" minus key to go from 50 tones to 5 tones. You can see it in my video. Fast Forward to about 3:20. Even though this is for the 800 that particular adjustment should be the same for the 600.

I watched your videos and you sound like the Garrett test guy, Did you jump ship and go to Minelab?:lol:

:lol: Up until 2012 or so I used mostly Whites detectors. I tried an Etrac in 2013 and never looked back. :yes:

Last edited:
Stillcan't do it

I don't know if the video is yours but I follow the video to the T. I reset the machine just like the video. I use the Park 1 just like the video. I turn down the sens. to 13 as per the video. I set up the first section for 0 just like the video. I try to set up the next section like the video to 11. That section does not come up like the video and this is where I get stuck.

Hello To All,
I have all my snow cleaned up around the house and driveway so I now have time to read and play with my new Nox 600. I am starting to feel more comfortable with the machine and settings. I am not sure I like 50 tones, can I just do 5 to start ? I don't know if that's possible using the Park2 program ??? It's had to do anything inside because of all the metal in my house. The snow is too deep to go outside today. Any suggestions ?
Bubbaron

50? I can only handle one the winning one:lol:

Keep in mind that video is for the 800. I believe the 600 might be be missing some of those adjustments as far as fine tuning the tones. Not sure. But I think you should at least be able to switch from 50 tones to 5. You may have to settle for the default pitches for each tone on the 600. Like I said, I don’t know which adjustments are missing off the top of my head. I do know that the 800 has a few things that can be fine tuned that aren’t available on the 600, so that’s probably why you’re getting stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'll just go with the 50 tones and use Park 2. If I don't like it, I will sell this machine. I'm 74 and not in the mood to play with a machine that can't give me what I expect. If I would have know what I now Know, I would have waited for the 800.

Back
Top Bottom