Sloppy EQUINOX shaft

aamechs2

I'm sure others have the sloppy wobbly lower shaft on their Equinox. Mine wiggles a little bit. I don't want to purchase a carbon fiber shaft. Since my lock collars are tight... Has anyone came up with a quick fix?

I've had my Nox 800 out half a dozen times so far and have had no issues with a "wobbly" shaft. I was going to go with the carbon fiber shaft, but as long as I'm not having any problems I'll stick with the factory shaft. Will a wobble develop? We'll see.

I'm sure others have the sloppy wobbly lower shaft on their Equinox. Mine wiggles a little bit. I don't want to purchase a carbon fiber shaft. Since my lock collars are tight... Has anyone came up with a quick fix?

Don't recall where I saw it, but a while ago, someone posted their fix was to just wrap a little electrical tape around the shaft where the collar tightens onto it. I haven't tried it. Mine has a little movement in it, but not too bad. I still want to upgrade to a nice carbon fiber shaft system.
Steve here has gotten some great reviews on his work: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=269983

I would not mess with any cheap fixes. Just get a custom carbon fiber shaft. You will not regret it. I got one of Steve's custom shafts on my 800 and It is like a whole new machine! I love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What collar are you guys talking about, mine came with the push butting style adjustment

What collar are you guys talking about, mine came with the push butting style adjustment

There are two locking collars.

Attachments

• E51F9DEA-2755-45F9-8EA3-3D28D4E83449.jpg
    E51F9DEA-2755-45F9-8EA3-3D28D4E83449.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 398

yeah! call minelab,and tell 'em to sh*t,or get off the pot! their rods ''suck"
lot of people have griped about this! damn detector costs $900.00 no excuse for
"!!!!" quality,as they ain't exactly giving them away! i would think it would be "embarrassing" to them. also,why would you bother to spend strong money to get carbon fibre shafts when you should have "quality" shafts from minelab! of course if ya want them,why not,but you shouldn't have to buy them just to fix a
"defect" in the detector!.i know i would not!,i would tell mine lab to fix the problem under warranty! (w.t.f!)..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I used plain ol scotch tape on my original rod which squeaked a little. A wrap or two right where it joins the upper. It has been solid ever since.

I bought a second lower about 6 months later and it never wobbled, so I keep the 11" coil there, and the 6" coil on my first shaft with the tape wrap.

I don't feel that buying a pricey aftermarket shaft is necessary. I figure that the $35 factory lowers available now, have been made without defects. My second factory rod is perfect.

Instead of complicating things contact Minelab support, they sent me a new one.

I used plain ol scotch tape on my original rod which squeaked a little. A wrap or two right where it joins the upper. It has been solid ever since.

I bought a second lower about 6 months later and it never wobbled, so I keep the 11" coil there, and the 6" coil on my first shaft with the tape wrap.

I don't feel that buying a pricey aftermarket shaft is necessary. I figure that the $35 factory lowers available now, have been made without defects. My second factory rod is perfect.

let minelab pay the $35.00. they should NOT make YOU pay for that!
it's only right!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I presume that you had to send the old one in. How long did the whole turn around take? Without a lower rod at all...much of a delay would be a pita.
No, I didn’t have to send the old one in. I did send them a link to a short video showing them the issue when I contacted them though. I also dealt with the Australian support guys so maybe they are a bit more relaxed 😃😃

Minelab should have fixed the problem before they released them for sale. It should not be up to the buyer to have something fixed that is Minelabs problem.

excellent point! and "dead nuts" on!
you pay "tall money" for product,and they
cheapen it up, to get 'em out wow! whoopie do!
should never be released with that problem!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom