• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Here's A Complimentary Video Getting Flour Gold From Last Week's Adventures!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
I aint no spring chicken. My motto is:

"WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE. WHEN YOU ARE OLD, YOU GOT TO!"

Hopefully detecting and prospecting will get me a few more years!

Her's the video (2 min.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLF-AjlHm-Q

And last week's digs below.

Attachments

• DSC_0263 (2).JPG
    DSC_0263 (2).JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 404
John I think you still have a lot of years to go before you earn that title. "OLD". Me on the other hand am only a couple of years away from OLD. I have noticed as I have aged that old is always a few years older than I am.

Thanks for sharing the video. The gold sluicing fascinates me.

I actually got gold fever about 24 years ago, spent 2 1/2 seasons shoveling gravel, then was introduced to metal detecting. I sold my prospecting supplies and bought a decent detector, then the rest is history. However, last year, I got the bug for gold again. Silver is getting harder to find, so I compromised. My yearly clad goes towards a gold coin, and prospecting......well, it's gold too! I still get to find old relics and jewelry and some old coins.

Now, I am guaranteed some natural gold, some clad and of course exercise to keep me mobile and my ticker in good shape. You only live once.

John I think you still have a lot of years to go before you earn that title. "OLD". Me on the other hand am only a couple of years away from OLD. I have noticed as I have aged that old is always a few years older than I am.

True.....I guess you are only as old as you feel. My problem is that my brain always wants to perform so many tasks and interests, but some days my body can't keep up!:oldguy:

No doubt you getting the exercise in John. Hope all your adventures are successful. Your Gold prospecting has me in awe. Congrats! Trapper

Well, there is gold nearly everywhere! You need to buy a gold pan, find a location and start looking for that elusive gold colored stuff. Of course, bring along your detector and camera too and enjoy your adventure.:workforgold:

I actually got gold fever about 24 years ago, spent 2 1/2 seasons shoveling gravel, then was introduced to metal detecting. I sold my prospecting supplies and bought a decent detector, then the rest is history. However, last year, I got the bug for gold again. Silver is getting harder to find, so I compromised. My yearly clad goes towards a gold coin, and prospecting......well, it's gold too! I still get to find old relics and jewelry and some old coins.

Now, I am guaranteed some natural gold, some clad and of course exercise to keep me mobile and my ticker in good shape. You only live once.
That sounds like the best of both worlds!

One of these day the paper gold games will end and the price of gold will go to it's true level. Just don't know when.

I did very well several years back when gold shot up. I cashed in all my gold rings, bracelets earrings etc. The total came to just under $9,000.00 US.

Attachments

• yaris.jpg
    yaris.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 167
Very sweet. It's nice when the stacked system goes in your favor. At my present rate, my better bet is to turn my clad in for silver and maybe gold.

A lot of luck/mojo went into that. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at about that time, had a prostatectomy booked, so I sent off all my gold to a refinery in Texas, just in case I didn't make it through the surgery. And, all went well and the rest was history.

My poor wife.....I was a miserable person to be with for about three months after the surgery, dealing with my loss of an organ and a urinary tract infection. So, I bought her a car with most of the money,not a new one, but fairly recent.

I now have a different perspective on life. Family, metal detecting and prospecting are very special to me.

Back
Top Bottom