New Minelab Equinox

Lol, you might be right.
About the last part above.

Maybe the first part too.lol

It's a dirty job, somebody got to do it.

Remember not all folks are following as closely as others are.
Some folks may just be tuning in.

and I dont have to bother checking the website every day, theres plenty guys out there doing it for me!

Thanks TnS!

At this point, who knows what relationship this machine bears to whatever is eventually shipped. The final release software may behave quite differently. I didm’t Much like all the falsing on the wet sand.

As far as stability on salt sand.

Would need to see Equinox used, and a CTX used, and a bbs used.
All run hot.
All run mediocre really.
All run at even lower sens.

Then I could derive some thing.

Would need to be (production Equinox unit).

Could CTX be overall a more stable unit?
Well, it does cost more $$$.

Only time will tell.

But dry sand hunting, Equinox may be more worthy, hence no boat anchor CTX needed to hunt the dry sand sniffing out the jewelry, etc.

I suspect dedicated beach/salt water hunters may indeed have both Equinox and CTX.

And don't forget even hunting on salt water beach (dry sand),,waterproof characteristic is important. Far less chances of electronics being compromised.

Last edited:
I was considering the 600 but with all the adjustability on the 800 I will be spending the extra
money on it. Might as well not regret the cheaper 600.
Thanks for more info TnSs.

Hawaii is tough to detect with all the magnetic volcanic deposits in the sand. So I would expect the falsing. Wish I could see it in use on a California beach.

Just heard that Vance said to get your Equinox orders in to avoid waiting until April.....

The target ID on that 3-4" inch nickel was mighty jumpy. I hope it was because it was crusty or the mineralized sand.

I'm not sure I can post this as they are not sponsors here. Look up Vance associate it with metal detector in your search and you will find the answer.

Back
Top Bottom