Lots Of Kneebends = Lots Of Coins

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

It was our July 1st Canada Day yesterday, so I got up early and hit the places where people watched the fireworks. Also included are a few other hunts from some areas which I regularly hit. Little junk, as I have removed it in the past. Nice totals for 3 hunts. Going to make a nice contribution towards my annual gold coin.

I got a silver ring a few days ago, and today, along with a bunch of coins, I also got this cool Winchester pocket knife.

I like the puzzle ring. Take it was welded together?

It is my understanding that in days of old, (in Arabic countries) husbands would give the wife a puzzle ring to wear. If she took it off to have an affair, it would fall apart. Preventing her from being able to put it back on. Thus, the husband would know that she had cheated on him.

I had one of the puzzle rings long ago. I got pretty quick at putting it back together. My cousin went to Saudi and bought a gold one with 8 rings and a bunch of gem stones. It was really pretty but a real chore to rebuild. He finally had it welded to keep it together.

Cliff

I like the puzzle ring. Take it was welded together?

It is my understanding that in days of old, (in Arabic countries) husbands would give the wife a puzzle ring to wear. If she took it off to have an affair, it would fall apart. Preventing her from being able to put it back on. Thus, the husband would know that she had cheated on him.

I have found several in the past 25 years. They are very cool. Thanks for that story on those rings. I never would have guessed. And....yes, it is welded together.

I had one of the puzzle rings long ago. I got pretty quick at putting it back together. My cousin went to Saudi and bought a gold one with 8 rings and a bunch of gem stones. It was really pretty but a real chore to rebuild. He finally had it welded to keep it together.

Cliff

It would be real cool to find a gold one, not to mention stones on it. I will just have to keep on looking.

Attachments

• a7.gif
    a7.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom