First Indian Head

Newblue

So I decided to offer a free service in my area on a local website to homeowners who may have lost something valuable to them. I’ve had a couple calls. Today a lady thinks she maybe lost a silver bracelet in her small patch of woods a few months ago. I went to help her and the first hit I had was my very first Indian head penny. I didn’t find anything else of interest including her bracelet. I offered her the penny and she let me keep it. That is what I was hoping for!! I do wish I had found her bracelet though but she wasn’t sure if it was even in the woods.
Next hunt will be a field with a late 1600’s foundation I got permission for by helping another person find a lost item. I can’t wait to get over there and I hope the calls keep coming!!

Attachments

• C812C0F4-500B-42B2-A224-FB66F4820481.jpg
    C812C0F4-500B-42B2-A224-FB66F4820481.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 247
Congrats on the indian! I advertise this service in my area also. I've also had business cards made up and give them to the people I help. It's a good way to put yourself out there and people like to think they are getting a "free service" :). I've found wedding rings, keys, and class rings using this technique. Nice job

So I decided to offer a free service in my area on a local website to homeowners who may have lost something valuable to them. I’ve had a couple calls. Today a lady thinks she maybe lost a silver bracelet in her small patch of woods a few months ago. I went to help her and the first hit I had was my very first Indian head penny. I didn’t find anything else of interest including her bracelet. I offered her the penny and she let me keep it. That is what I was hoping for!! I do wish I had found her bracelet though but she wasn’t sure if it was even in the woods.
Next hunt will be a field with a late 1600’s foundation I got permission for by helping another person find a lost item. I can’t wait to get over there and I hope the calls keep coming!!

At least you broke into the 1800's. Mine was a 1904. :)

Nice-looking coin love the green. Best of luck on your next hunt. Sounds exciting.

Congratulations on your first Indian head cent! :woot: That's a great find!

Congrats on your first Indian and a beauty at that! Love the idea and have read people on here talking about it. My area is so new I doubt I'd get any real good permissions out of it but the town 30 minutes north of me would be great. I may have to see about getting the word out there. :D

Back
Top Bottom