What to do?What to do?

Magicmantx

So I have my AT Pro that I have had now for a little over 2 years and it does pretty much everything that I want it to do. I coin hunt quite a bit with it and go to some local fresh water beaches and do a bit of water hunting and have spent enough time with it that I'm pretty familiar with its operation. Problem is now that my factory land headphones have quit(I know its the headphones because it works good with my water headphones) so I either have to buy another set which is the cheap and easy way out for about 50$. Having wired headphones is a PIA alot of times so I'm thinking about my other options. I can buy the zlink to add to the AT Pro for 169$ or just sell the Pro which I figure would be worth around $400 and go another route. Since I am very familiar with my Garrett machine and happy with its performance I am considering the AT Max for 722 from various sources. I have been looking at the equinox machines but really dont want to learn a whole new machine. I also like dealing with a US based company and feel I want to buy american . My concerns are will the zlink add on work as good as the same technology built in on the Max and Is there much if any of a difference in the performance of the Max compared to the pro. I usually deal with a somewhat local dealer ( 2+ hours away) but they are closed for 30 days and with all this time on my hands I can get in alot of social distancing so trading in isnt an option at this point . I can order a new machine and then just sell mine later. Detecting with the water phones works for now but without a volumn control it gets old quick with being so loud. I'm leaning on switching to the Max since it has the wireless system built in and comes with the wireless pinpointer as well so I think would be really handy instead of pulling down the headphones every time I use my pinpointer. Any advice, especially people that have the Max. I've used a couple of the high end machines before but I didnt care for their feel or the extra weight and just don't need that level of machine at this point. So Let's her ya'lls advice.

Get a Max and learn it. It maybe close to your old MD but if it's a higher value MD there has to be changed to it, so it MAY be different then what you know.

Glad you are doing your homework first.

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

The audio in the at max isn't as smooth as the at pro..Youll not like it at first, I don't think anyway just cause it's different...BUT the at max does offer alot of upgrades compared to the at pro, and you'll get usto the audio fast and the learning curve will be easy I think..id say go for it, get the at max and tear it up...Both great machines

I totally agree with Graybeard. Audio is really subjective but to me if the At Max had audio more like the AT Pro I would probably still own one. If you haven’t already, check out some videos on the audio features of the AT Max. You may not like it. I found out the hard (expensive) way.........

Z-Link is really good. So are some of the wireless systems from Quest.

Jeff

If you decide to get the MAX, you can get it for less than the advertised $722
by speaking directly to the seller. I got mine with the free Z-lynk Propointer for well under advertised price.

Back
Top Bottom