Which is better??

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
I know there is some thread about the use of these but I am having mixed feeling about the Excaliber II & Whites Duel Field. I hear a lot of good stuff about both machines, But which is the best one to use? I am by the beach so either one would work but which is easier to use or which one can I determine what is detecting trash or goods? I just don't want to be digging up a bunch of trash. I see there is about a $300-$400 price difference between the 2. Is one better than the other or is it just by preference? The Excaliber has the discrimination but the Dual Field is deeper and digs everything I hear. Thanks

Never used either, but my guess would be the Excal would be the better discriminator. I believe the Dual is a PI unit which has no discrimination. I would also say the Dual PI would be the deeper of the two.

Ive been looking at these for awhile as I wanna try water detecting soon as I can afford an excal 2.From what I read The PI will go a little deeper.But you will dig everything.The excal goes very deep with discrim,But alot of guys run whats called reverse discrim.They hunt in pinpoint mode(all metal) and then double check the target by going into discrim real quick.Running in pin-point seems to get more depth I believe.Sure wish I could try them both before droping the cash.I'm going with the Excal 2 myself.Alot of guys seem to do really well with them.Good luck with your choice.look forward to some pics of all your finds :) HH

I know there is some thread about the use of these but I am having mixed feeling about the Excaliber II & Whites Duel Field. I hear a lot of good stuff about both machines, But which is the best one to use? I am by the beach so either one would work but which is easier to use or which one can I determine what is detecting trash or goods? I just don't want to be digging up a bunch of trash. I see there is about a $300-$400 price difference between the 2. Is one better than the other or is it just by preference? The Excaliber has the discrimination but the Dual Field is deeper and digs everything I hear. Thanks

James... they are two different animals... the Excal discriminates out most iron targets where as the PI doesn't discriminate... The Excal is a very good detector for all around use... I prefer a PI because I am not giving up depth that you lose with a discriminating machine...

Where I hunt is hunted hard by others and I need all the depth I can get and a PI fits my bill...

I own the land version of the Excal, the GT and I use it in the dirt, dry sand and some wet sand where I know its loaded with iron but when water hunting its the PI all the way because there just isn't the amount of trash in the water as there is in the wet/dry sand...

Alot of hunters don't likew using a PI because of the extra digging and that couldn't make me happier :D

Back
Top Bottom