Anybody Near Lake Lanier Georgia That Wants to Find a $100,000+ Earring?

Attachments

• 27919613.jpg
    27919613.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 421
I dont know how anybody would even consider going out looking...for starters did Julio immediately GPS tag the location? That would be the first question a diver would ask right? 60' of water?...trees and muck and zero viz? Under these parameters, It would be tough to find a Grumman Canoe!

Also, what kind of guy would even think of buying a $100k+ earring for THEMSELVES let alone for a girl! I bet there was very little gold on that earring and it was just a big CZ in a 10k setting...Of course, if Julio said 'I'll pay you a couple hunnerd to come out and have a look', well then...sure...WTH, cash up front...candy from a baby there, get your cut off the dummy, just like the Jeweler did...This dummy is eventually gonna die poor after pissing away millions... so whats a few hunnerd dollars?:laughing:

I doubt a subsurface detector even as good as our Brother Dee would stand a chance.. not withstanding the conditions, hitting a stud earring of any sort is one tough deal...even in knee deep water knowing exactly where it was dropped in a 10x10 area would be a challenge...it would be a mess of splitshots and bottlecaps down there...let alone the other issues...

Someday the dam will blow out, and when it happens and if any of us are still alive, then its Game On of course! Not for that damned earring though, there will be plenty of other easier things to find...:laughing:

That lake is heavily trafficked and has been for its entire life. There is more good stuff down there than we could dig up in 100 years. Not to mention the old towns and houses that they submerged. I doubt we'll ever find out though. That dam is well built. The thing isn't blowing out any time soon.

On the earring, yea, 0% chance of finding it and that is IF it didn't get gobbled up by a fish on the way down, not kidding on the fish. Shinny object some bass could have snapped it up.

BCD

I dont know how anybody would even consider going out looking...for starters did Julio immediately GPS tag the location? That would be the first question a diver would ask right? 60' of water?...trees and muck and zero viz? Under these parameters, It would be tough to find a Grumman Canoe!

Also, what kind of guy would even think of buying a $100k+ earring for THEMSELVES let alone for a girl! I bet there was very little gold on that earring and it was just a big CZ in a 10k setting...Of course, if Julio said 'I'll pay you a couple hunnerd to come out and have a look', well then...sure...WTH, cash up front...candy from a baby there, get your cut off the dummy, just like the Jeweler did...This dummy is eventually gonna die poor after pissing away millions... so whats a few hunnerd dollars?:laughing:

I doubt a subsurface detector even as good as our Brother Dee would stand a chance.. not withstanding the conditions, hitting a stud earring of any sort is one tough deal...even in knee deep water knowing exactly where it was dropped in a 10x10 area would be a challenge...it would be a mess of splitshots and bottlecaps down there...let alone the other issues...

Someday the dam will blow out, and when it happens and if any of us are still alive, then its Game On of course! Not for that damned earring though, there will be plenty of other easier things to find...:laughing:

On the earring, yea, 0% chance of finding it and that is IF it didn't get gobbled up by a fish on the way down, not kidding on the fish. Shinny object some bass could have snapped it up.
BCD

Sometime in the future...

Bass fisherman to wife: "Well looky here honey at this shiny piece of glass this fish ate.

Wife: "Oh that's purdy honey can I have it? I didn't know they could cut glass into fancy shapes like that!"

:laughing:

I would say 0 % chance of finding that. The point of impact and the spot where he came to rest, is large. Also how can you pinpoint exactly without gps. Wow! I hope he learned a lesson. I would never spend that much on an jewelry ,let alone where it jet skiing.

I would say 0 % chance of finding that. The point of impact and the spot where he came to rest, is large. Also how can you pinpoint exactly without gps. Wow! I hope he learned a lesson. I would never spend that much on an jewelry ,let alone where it jet skiing.

Football players are not known to be the sharpest knives in the drawer and he did 'graduate' from Alabama.

BCD

Lol wow, sunken trees all over, deep muck, no clue where it is...no thanks. Add in that equation an out of the sky jeweler appraisal of $150K :lol::grin::D

Football players are not known to be the sharpest knives in the drawer and he did 'graduate' from Alabama.

BCD

That certainly explains a lot! :laughing::laughing: Still though, even considering that...Who would buy a $100k plus EARRING? Some 'Financial Advisor' is gonna make mint off this dummy! Theres gotta be a slobbering line of them parked outside his house this am! Its a good thing for him the Jeweler didnt sell him $100k of 24k gold or Tungsten chains, or he woulda went right to the bottom on his jetski at the boatramp as soon as he stepped off the dock!

All dams blow out eventually...Water always finds a way...any kid that has ever fooled around experimenting containing hydro in mudpuddles and creeks knows this...No matter how deep and well constructed, That dam will blow out someday!...whoosh! Here we go Boys!:laughing:

Good Bye to that baby! Even if they drained the lake!

Some day, sure. Some day could be in 10K years though.

BCD

That certainly explains a lot! :laughing::laughing: Still though, even considering that...Who would buy a $100k plus EARRING? Some 'Financial Advisor' is gonna make mint off this dummy! Theres gotta be a slobbering line of them parked outside his house this am! Its a good thing for him the Jeweler didnt sell him $100k of 24k gold or Tungsten chains, or he woulda went right to the bottom on his jetski at the boatramp as soon as he stepped off the dock!

All dams blow out eventually...Water always finds a way...any kid that has ever fooled around experimenting containing hydro in mudpuddles and creeks knows this...No matter how deep and well constructed, That dam will blow out someday!...whoosh! Here we go Boys!:laughing:

I read an article that talked about the length of time it took ball player who made multi millions of dollars playing ball took to spend all their money . Football players ldd the pack with 85 percent of them being bankrupt within 5 years of retiring Sounds like Mr Jones is trying to beat the average.

More money than sense wearing a 100k earring lol

This story certainly epitomizes exactly who and what and why we go hunting..."Youth is wasted on the Young, and Money is no respector of effort or intelligence"....This guy had no business being on a jetski in the first place, wearing a $100k piece of jewelry to boot! No understanding about speed and water...Just like a guy whos first boat is a 250 hp Stratos....a guy has to pay attention and learn about some basic things...evidently they dont teach this stuff in college or football camp...I dont care who you are, you simply do NOT go blasting along at high speed on the water day or night! Even for the experienced, Things can go very bad on the water really fast...Y'all know what I'm saying...

Happens every year though...that one High dollar pitcher hit a breakwater at full speed at night down in Fl and killed himself last year...Remember that?
Anybody that has been around water knows you gotta be super sober and extremely respectful...Oh well, just another example of a high dollar dummy who actually got off easy...lost a damned earring? Yeah, we find them all the time!...cut your losses and thank your Grandmother for praying for you or something...you coulda hit a barely submerged Railroad tie at 60mph, and broke your damn neck!

Please! That damn earring is gone for good and if this is all you lose in your Life, you are probably better off for it if you learned an important Hydro lesson......$100k is merely a college degree nowadays, basically not worth a diddly damn...

You got a free ride on the foosball scholorship and didnt have a student loan to pay off I would surmise, rogered a bunch of the working mens daughters or sons along the way of course? Had a wonderful time? so yeah...you are way ahead of the game considering, and you gotta jetski!

So theres that!....Better call your Grandma though, or send flowers...Some ignorant foosball playing dipshit lost a damned earring? Man! You really got off lightly...Nice TV interview though...good thing there was lower screen captions as to what you were saying there dummy..Next time you lose an earring, I hope your head is still attached to it..:laughing:...

Last edited:
I read an article that talked about the length of time it took ball player who made multi millions of dollars playing ball took to spend all their money . Football players ldd the pack with 85 percent of them being bankrupt within 5 years of retiring Sounds like Mr Jones is trying to beat the average.

refrigerator perry. list goes on.... broke af!

Happens every year though...that one High dollar pitcher hit a breakwater at full speed at night down in Fl and killed himself last year...Remember that?

Jose Fernandez - Miami Marlins pitcher. It was HUGE here and very tragic. The boulders he ran into are those pictured below going out of Government Cut. It was in the middle of the night during high tide where they aren't as visible and the city lights tend to obscure them as well. In addition, there was alcohol & drugs involved. You just can't play like that with speed.

Attachments

• GC.jpg
    GC.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom