Question on what detector you like the best?

John S

What detector do you have and what one have you found the most silver coins with?? I'll start it: I have the cz 5, f75, SE and e-trac, found the most silver with cz5 and SE.

I only been detecting for about 1 month, I have the Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, haven't found any rings yet, just clad, a couple silver nickels. will be getting a Ace 250 this weekend.

Most silver has to go to the Silver Sabre uMax for sure. If it is silver you want, set it to silver and silver you willo get.

Question on what detector you like the best?

I know this is not going to help much, but I like them all. The simpler... the better. I don't have time to learn all the bells and whistles, I like to turn it on and go!
run.gif

As for silver, it's not hard to find with any detector. It puts out a very solid signal.

Hey John

Do you like the CZ 5? I've read good reviews about it.

I have the E-Trac and the DFX. I've found more silver with my DFX, but then I've been hunting with it for 6 years, and only a month and a half with the E-Trac.

Fact is I found more silver with my old Whites Eagle Spectrum, but then it didn't leave a whole lot for the others. I had the Eagle for 18 years. After 18 years I had clean up most of the easy silver, then the DFX found what it could, and now the E-Trac is picking out the leftovers.

I have a couple of Bounty Hunters, a 101 and a 505, I just got a Ace 250 and I have to say that I love this 250. I have yet to find any silver coins yet, but I have found more coins with the ace than anything else. I just foudn several wheats and a relaly nice buffall nickel. HH!!

For entry level models, I like my Ace 250. Both silver dimes I have found were with my ace. I also have found a small gold chain, my only indian head cent, and some sterling jewelry with my ace. The bell chimes get old, and the tdi isn't always very consistent, but it made metal detecting fun for me.

Well, I've found the most silver with my old White's 6000 ProSL, but I've had it for 15 years!

I just got my E-Trac, and I can already tell that it flat-out smokes my old 6000. Much deeper, much better seperation between junk and silver that are close. I've only been hitting one park so far (3 outings, about 10 hours), but every old coin (including 2 silvers) has been right next to an iron target.

I like it when I think about what my next detector will be and go on FMDF and "BAM" I see John's post that will help me with my delema.
Over the last 30+ years my detectors included a Jetco in 1976 then Whites Coinmaster, Garrett's Money Hunter (BFO), Compass Judge II, White's Eagle I, Whites Classic IDX, Garrett,s Beach Hunter AT4 (used). And after a 15 year void I am again a MD-ing hobbiest retiring in 2004 and purchasing a Tesoro Vaquero in 2006 and my DFX in 2009 and my wife's MXT in 2008. I,ve found more silver in natural state in parks and schools and churches back in Nebrasks in the 1970,s with my Garrett's BFO and my Compass, More recently my DFX as I do competition hunts when we can afford to travel but this is definitely a different time. I used to go evenings afterwork 30 years ago and never go home without silver. Now the clad outweighs the silver many times but it's more of a thrill when you do find a "natural " silver coin. Now we are concentrating on GOLD. Thanks for nudging my memory, John.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom