Heavy silver

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
It's been a slow start for me this season. What with work, travel, visitors, and knocking off the honey-do list I've been out only a few times. The beaches have been pretty much unchanging except for an occasional low spot with a few coins, sinkers, and trash -- not exactly inspirational although it's still been enjoyable to get out. My last hunt was a short one, about an hour and a half on a nice warm early evening near low tide. Most of the beachgoers had departed for the day so it was a relaxing time. As usual targets were few and far between, but I picked up three quarters among the trash. I don't usually hunt the soft-sand bars, but since all else was not really productive I thought I'd give it a try. There have been enough people playing on them that it was worth looking, and I've had some great (but rare) finds in the thick sand in the past. Long story short, I got a booming high tone and three scoops deep came up with this lunker silver ring of 17+ grams. Looked it up online and it's a LOTR Aragorn ring. The green stone is missing, but it fits well and I'm going to keep and wear it. I'll poke around and find a replacement stone, or perhaps get a turquoise put in it. In any case this got my circulation going again so I hope to get out and spend more time in the water! :thumbsup: Happy hunting to all you pirates out there!

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 311
  • Snake Ring.jpg
    Snake Ring.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 267
Okay that's so awesome!!! Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan I instantly recognized that ring! It's Aragorn's ring and should have a green stone in the middle. I'm super jealous! Congrats on a sweet find!

Kool ring, WTG!
looks like a Dragon Talon ring I found, but it was not silver....
* with a turquoise stone, it would look nice.
DL

Nice chunk of silver, congrats! :)

Thanks X-T

Very nice ring, congrats!

Thanks BB

Okay that's so awesome!!! Being a huge Lord of the Rings fan I instantly recognized that ring! It's Aragorn's ring and should have a green stone in the middle. I'm super jealous! Congrats on a sweet find!

Thanks Coleminer. Yeah, I've been a fan since I read the Trilogy back in the 60's. I waited anxiously for years for the Silmarillion to be published. Fortunately the movies did a great job of capturing the mental images evoked by the written word. Usually it doesn't happen that way!

Congrats on the phat silver! Post when you finally get a stone put in. Would love to see it

Thanks Numil. I'll try to remember!

Nice looking silver ring and a great clean up to.

Thanks DD. It wasn't badly tarnished and a little Mothers and elbow grease did the trick.

Kool ring, WTG!
looks like a Dragon Talon ring I found, but it was not silver....
* with a turquoise stone, it would look nice.
DL

Thanks DL. I was thinking of trying a piece of quahog shell (nice purple color) but I think turquoise would look better...

That's a Monster Silver!!

Thanks OBN. Yup, biggest I've found by a couple of grams. I'm slowly getting used to the extra weight on my finger. :ewink:

Snake ring, congrats on the silver, Earl

Thanks Earl. Would love to have one in gold!

Back
Top Bottom