Class ring returned!!!

stump

On my second hunt ever, I found a 1980 high school class ring on Monday at a beach here in North MS (posted the picture that night on the forum). I was able to locate the owner today. David graduated in Maine, then moved to Florida, where the ring was stolen in 2001.

The day the ring was stolen, David and his wife were on the way home from a hospital visit. He had hurt his hand(the reason for the hospital visit), so his ring was in his wife's purse. They stopped for fast food. While they were eating someone reached over and stole the wife's purse. He chased the guy out the door, but was unable to catch him. That was the last time he had thought about the ring until today.

He was really excited about getting the ring returned. He told me that he wanted to send me a finders fee, but I told him that was not necessary. I was just glad I could get the ring back to its appropriate owner (guess that sounds a little corny, but seems the right thing to do).

It is really amazing how easy it was to find David. With the internet and all the information on the ring, it only took 3 phone calls !!

PS - Now my best find, as noted in my signature (class ring), I don't even have anymore

Way to go Bubba. Makes you feel good don't it. All i can say is good karma is coming your way for sure. Hope the next hunt we do you find silver.:money:

Back
Top Bottom