New scoop company unknown.

1.5mm and a tad heavy. If I remember correctly it's out of Hong Kong... been around for well over a year. They also make metal detectors and other equipment. Wouldn't be surprised to see a nice water machine from them in a couple years.

Last edited:
One thing you constantly hear around here is that someone bought a cheap scoop off ebay, busted it, and then had to buck up and buy a good one. I would stick to stealth, stavr, trex, RTG, etc, unless you hear otherwise. Too many stories, pictures, etc of busted cheap scoops that had bad welds or whatever with some of them breaking after just a few uses.

And here is a link to their site:

https://www.deteknix.com/product/scoopal-sand-scoop/

Scoop is good quality. But a tad heavy and only 1.5mm... I'm expecting good things from this upcoming company in the future.
Edit: much lighter than I remember. 1.4mm

1.5mm and a tad heavy. If I remember correctly it's out of Hong Kong... been around for well over a year. They also make metal detectors and other equipment. Wouldn't be surprised to see a nice water machine from them in a couple years.

At one time Steve I think they did have one but some reason and never made it out. And that was about a year ago. They sent me one of there yellow diver pinpointers as a tester and I used it for awhile in 2015. Ended up giving it to someone who dives and it still works fine. I could never get the push button down to where I understood which mode it was in...also it charged by a USB cord.

At one time Steve I think they did have one but some reason and never made it out. And that was about a year ago. They sent me one of there yellow diver pinpointers as a tester and I used it for awhile in 2015. Ended up giving it to someone who dives and it still works fine. I could never get the push button down to where I understood which mode it was in...also it charged by a USB cord.
It's incredibly difficult to make a successful new product. I've spent a nice chunk of change developing shafts. I will be lucky to break even and i dont expect too, but they are ground breaking and I hope to see them on stock shafts 1 day. A detector shaft for the most part hasn't changed in 30 years. The atx and 3030 shafts obviously weren't designed by beach hunters

They seem to make quality stuff. I have a set of their headphones for my Deus and it's very nice.

Is this the water detector you guys are talking about?
f2139f7b8d68231af5fbc0ea89e67941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom