Bounty hunter Quick silver

mdtrapper

Elite Member
Anyone ever use a Bounty hunter Quick Silver on the beach. Some say's it's Just a wast of time due to lot's of bad beeps. need to know if I should just get a new detector before I go to the beach next month.

QS

i have a QS if you stay out of the wet sand it does ok . dont discriminate or you will miss the gold rings if any are around if you do try to use it in the wet sand you will have to discriminate some but it works

I had one too.
Most horrible machine I have ever swung and one of the most frustrating experience's I have ever had.
I told you so in a previous thread, but you got it for free, I think, so that was almost worth it.
The friend that gave it to you should have paid you to take it off his hands.

The second I swung another detector I realized exactly how bad this thing really was.

Not good in the dirt, tot-lot chips, freshwater lake and I assume salt water beaches will not be any different.

I am not knocking Bounty Hunter's...just this one.
First Texas should be ashamed of selling this unit, whether it is called the Pilot, Quicksilver or Ex.

Search for a thread from last year about the worst detector you have owned...this one had several mentions...more than any other.

I try to control myself whenever I see a thread about using this or, heaven forbid, someone thinking about buying one.
But I can't help myself.

The only thing this one is good for is to be used to drive people out of the hobby.

I hope you are saving up for your first upgrade and then you will see what I mean in about 5 seconds after you swing another.

I had one too.
Most horrible machine I have ever swung and one of the most frustrating experience I have ever had.
I told you so in a previous thread, but you got it for free, I think, so that was almost worth it.
The friend that gave it to you should have paid you to take it off his hands.

The second I swung another detector I realized exactly how bad this thing really was.

Not good in the dirt, tot-lot chips, freshwater lake and I assume salt water beaches will not be any different.

I am not knocking Bounty Hunter's...just this one.
First Texas should be ashamed of selling this unit, whether it is called the Pilot, Quicksilver or Ex.

Search for a thread from last year about the worst detector you have owned...this one had several mentions...more than any other.

I try to control myself whenever I see a thread about using this or, heaven forbid, someone thinking about buying one.
But I can't help myself.

The only thing this one is good for is to be used to drive people out of the hobby.

I hope you are saving up for your first upgrade and then you will see what I mean in about 5 seconds after you swing another.

Going to buy a Garrett AT PRO next week

I had a Bounty Hunter Pioneer Ex which is basically the same exact machine. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. I used it in dry sand at the beach and found a silver ring, a bunch of clad and a cool token at Revere Beach in Boston.

I used it at a local park this spring several times and learned to be spot on pinpointing a target using the X pattern method. I even found some old wheat pennies with it. In dry sand in my opinion its just as good at finding items as my Fisher F2. You may just annoy people since it doesn't have a headphone jack ;)

Its just like learning to drive a car.. If you learn to drive on a standard with no power steering and a stiff clutch proficiently then driving a new car with an automatic is a piece of cake

jressman is right a bounty hunter quick silver got me into md and i have stayed in it. i did get delta 6000 from tek. i like it to. ITS JUST LIKE JRESSMAN SAID i got to know my quick silver and i used it at the beach in dry sand i loved it. i don't have a lot of money and it was hard for me to get the 6000 but the kids wanted a detector of there own so. my brother metal detects at the beach and old churches ect. he bought a 1200.00 unit. he hasn't took time to learn it and i will run circles around him with that quick silver.

Back
Top Bottom