1913 Confederate Reunion Medal and First Barber Quarter

Porsche914

Elite Member
I got to hunt a couple of sites in Henryetta Ok that have been hunted over the years. When I arrived I could see dig marks throughout the property but they never get it all. The medal is for a Confederate Reunion held in Greenville Tx for the 50th anniversary of the civil war. The Barber quarter was a first for me.
Oklahoma statehood is 1907 so unless you are hunting an old fort site or civil war camp, really old coins are hard to come by here.

Attachments

• DSC01665.jpg
    DSC01665.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC01664.jpg
    DSC01664.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 180
How do you know it is a confederate reunion badge. Funny that it has thirteen stars instead of eleven. Just curious.

There was a bar that connected to the loop on top that had UCV. I have seen it online in other pictures. Texas was a confederate state so kind of makes sense.

Great finds! Boy they sure left a lot of stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? I was going to use the "pounded site" description but I'm not sure that would be correct. I know it has been hunted because of the other dig marks and the location on a main drag in town. I found 5 wheats and my buddy found 6 plus a cool 1929 silver Venezuelan coin. No place is ever hunted out.

Back
Top Bottom