1st Silver of the year

Pioneer

Yesterday, a good MD buddy and I hit the frozen woods. Yes the ground was so hard that I brought with me a crow bar and a sledge hammer. This was the only way to get through the ground. Because of the ice ground condition, we only dug about a five targets (3" max depth). My 2nd target rang a solid 85 (no scratching). I told my buddy that I was sure its was going to be a silver Quarter and he said "wouldn't it be cool if you found your first standing liberty". 5 min later I got this from the ice. Very worn (no date) but still love it.

Metal detecting in Minnesota in February usually never happens, but we are having a little warming trend and when you do, get out there with a pick and hammer. Frozen lake and snow in the background.

Attachments

• Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 03 - 01.jpg
    Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 03 - 01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 365
  • Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 06 - 01.jpg
    Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 06 - 01.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 07 - 01.jpg
    Feb 17 - first silver of 2017 - Norris Lake - 07 - 01.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
That is serious dedication.

I will never complain about digging in east coast snow again!

And congrats on the SLQ! I dug my first yesterday too, and also in the snow (but nothing like a Minnesota snow)!

Awesome, way to go! What part of Minnesota you in? Still pretty frozen here too but gonna try to get out today or tomorrow

Slq

How cool is that? A SLQ in the the frozen tundra and you found it. Your buddy called it. I will remember my first SLQ, always. Congrates, that is an awesome coin.
HH everyone

Thats a hell of a trophy alright!~ In those conditions at this time of the year? Or at any time for that matter in Minnesota?... Yeah..Outstanding work you!
Congratulations and thanks for the post!

Back
Top Bottom