My coolest token ever!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Hit the woods where I found that huge Sterling piece/kids cache a few days ago.

My first find of the day was a screaming 94 on the Deus and I popped a quarter size aluminum token that is dated 1970.

1970 New Model RCA Sweepstakes on front and The Stockholm RCA on the reverse. That was a token I'd never found before, but the cool token would come a couple hours later.

Didn't find anything else in the woods and moved to another part of the park. Pulled a couple wheats and my third dollar coin of the year...yep, clad again. Franklin Pierce Presidential this time. Ended up with $3.47 clad. Also got a toasted button that I think was a WWII fatigue uniform button. Any button experts please comment.

Before I left at a spot I've been over a dozen times I got an iffy 95 on the Deus, but it was deep so I dug.

Popped my coolest token ever. Couldn't figure it out in the field. After some scrubbing I realized someone had taken an Aluminum Token of some kind and pressed a Buffalo Nickel into the token. You can see the Indian head is backwards with date to right. The back isn't is nice an impression, but you can see the line and Five Cents backwards. I'm trying to ID the writing on the Buffalo side to ID the original token. I consider this repurposed token my coolest token find yet.

b98efdef79ea90a3a72da9b998cd39a3.jpg

10266be0f5c3a54f65b161077bc0855f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, l an totally new to this site, AND the first thing is l landed in your findings!
Cool as :-)
I myself prefer tokens coins, old relic's etc.
Can l ask what kind of detector your using? Cheers on a great find :-) Sarah

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Hi, l an totally new to this site, AND the first thing is l landed in your findings!
Cool as :-)
I myself prefer tokens coins, old relic's etc.
Can l ask what kind of detector your using? Cheers on a great find :-) Sarah

Sarah, I use an XP Deus Lite.

OK, ATM lm using a exterra 705, and a minelab pinpointer.

Back
Top Bottom