Excal threshold; hip mount vs attached to shaft

Strollmasta

I've hip mounted my excal for quite awhile now I guess sense I had the nel attack coil installed. Mostly just to save weight on my arm. The PP threshold has always been wavy and unstable. I could still pick out changes in the threshold but it was hard and I often double checked false signals. Anyways, I put it back on my plugger cf under arm shaft and went out last night. Immediately noticed the PP threshold was double, if not more than double stable. It was like a new machine! Yes it was a bit heavier and cumbersome to deal with, but it was a breeze hearing threshold changes and knowing it was a target. Very happy with its performance finally. Might try the behind elbo shaft, but that makes it so long, dunno if my vehicle will fit it.

Wondered if anyone has any thoughts as to what that might be? I was thinking maybe it's because the coil wire is no longer dangling and exposed to out side interference?

Also I got my carbon fiber handle, holy !!!! if you don't have one you are missing out! Has a great texture to it that allows you to easily grip it even when wet or in water. Very stout, hardly any bend to it when digging. And lite!! That and it having a lifetime warranty, I can work it hard knowing its replacement will be around the corner.

My threshold on my xcal ll used to increase when the volume knob got submerged. Might be a non grounded board. Some of the xcal lls have a third wire attached to the board going to the phones for some reason.

Dew

Not entirely sure why it would change unless you routinely wore something else that interfered with your machines freqs.
On another point, I used to do the hip mount and I ended up breaking wires by it shaking while I shook my scoop, by bending down, and with the scoop handle. I now run it behibd my elbow on the shaft and use a pro swing 45. VERY well balanced to say the least. Out of the way and no issues whatsoever. I fully collapse if and it just fits in the back seat of my ram 1500. Glad you like your plugged shaft.. good choice.

Back
Top Bottom