5 silvers and a Mastadon tusk tip

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Beaches are still pretty bleak. Broke out the DFX again with the 12x10 and 6x10 coils. Picked at the iron infested trash. Pulled out a merc and 4 rosies. Then as i was about to leave i caught the familiar site of fossilized ivory out of the corner of my eye. Looks like a rotten tree limb with age circles only heavier:lol: It's a small Mastadon tusk tip from way before you were born:lol: The tip is the most prized section of tusk to find. People cut slices of fossilized ivory and make jewelry out of it. I'll leave it as is. I don't wear much jewelry anyways so i don't see it posted somewhere after i lose it.:lol:
Swing speed through the iron looks like if you take someones average swing and run it in slow motion. Even a big 12x10 SEF coil can give you iron separation. The merc and two rosies were found with the 12x10 in heavy iron. On the spectagraph you just watch for the number you are looking for in part of your swing. If you don't dig iffy signals here you will never find anything.

Attachments

• SAM_0295.jpg
    SAM_0295.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 438
  • SAM_0302.jpg
    SAM_0302.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 440
  • SAM_0298.jpg
    SAM_0298.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 442
  • SAM_0300.jpg
    SAM_0300.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 456
  • SAM_0301.jpg
    SAM_0301.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 440
Dang Itsa !!
you find some cool stuff for sure :)

I'll bet your collection is wonderful to look through ..

Congrats !!

My wife doesn't get too impressed. She gets grossed out by teeth 2 million years old like they still have slobber on them.:lol:

Few have the patience to hunt in the iron fields...you are one of the masters at it...Congrats on the 5 beach silvers and the piece of mastadon tusk!

You are the guru of precision detecting! I met up with itsa yesterday on the beach. He was hunting an area where the Navy dumped a huge hole full of scrap metal, parts of ships and such after WW2. Iron targets every foot. He can pick through that stuff like a surgeon. You might notice the broken spoons. I have dug a hundred of them. Back in the day imagine they were dumping that stuff and had the guys sitting around breaking spoons in half so they could not be used. All day long, bending them until they broke. I dig them almost every trip. It is rare to dig a whole spoon there. Most guys avoid that area but not Doctor itsaring.

See now id never knew that.... half a dinasore could be floating up i wouldnt knew it. You have really been digging the heck out of coins... great finds.

Dew

Its cool find How did you know what
that was? I would have taken it for a chunk of wood.

You must have found them before.:?:

Back
Top Bottom