First dog tag and other goodies. Update: family located

Shoe

I had a great hunt today at an old army air field with Kansas Coyote and zach66604. I found some keepers, including my first dog tag. With a bit of research, I found that the owner of the tag was in the 485th Bombardment Squadron and was a German POW at one point. He passed away in 2001 in Massachusetts. I'm trying to locate closest living relatives. Who knows, my first dog tag might turn into my first return too :) I also found a neat prop and wings pin.

Here's a picture of my keepers for the day:

picture.php

Through ongoing minor adjustments, I've come across a program on my Deus that really speaks to me. If it sounds good, I dig it, and I really haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the VDI.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Last edited:
The wings and prop pin is enlisted men's insignia for the Army Air Corp. It means it was issued before 1948 .... nice find!! Hope the dogtag return goes well.

Im very glad you were able to come up with such neat finds. Its awesome that you are starting to unravel the backstory to the dogtag, good luck on the return. Keep us posted!

With my brother's help, I was able to locate a granddaughter of Murad S. Piligian. She doubted that I was the "real deal" at first, but a picture of the dog tag got her and her father pretty excited. She shared that her grandfather's plane was shot down and he was held as a POW in Moosburg. He subsequently received a purple heart.

I got an address and will be sending the dog tag where it belongs... with family.

Back
Top Bottom